Communicators need to know how to capture attention with a strong opening and how to write compelling copy that does more than inform; it captivates. AP veteran Ken O’Quinn is back to share techniques to help you organize ideas, write succinctly, and bring writing alive with precise details.
In this half-day workshop, you will learn how to:
- Use good news judgment
- Organize what’s in your head
- Package information for easy readability
- Craft leads that make someone want to keep reading
- Open a persuasive message
- Use a three-step editing process
The interactive workshop will explain subtle devices you can use to create lively, colorful and easy-to-consume drafts. Ken will share the techniques of Wall Street Journal writers to simplify information and help you create quotes that are informative yet human.
Ken O'Quinn, Corporate Writing Coach, Writing with Clarity, is a former AP writer, is a writing coach whose workshops have helped thousands of corporate communications and PR professionals around the world. His clients include Facebook, GE, Chevron, Oracle, Georgia-Pacific, Siemens, Motorola, Reebok, Fleishman Hilliard, Burson-Marsteller, and Weber Shandwick. He has spoken at the PRSA International Conference and is the author of Perfect Phrases for Business Letters (McGraw-Hill). @KenOQuinn , www.writingwithclarity.com
- Attendance is limited to the first 90 registrations
- All reservations are final. There are no cancellations and PRSA Georgia does not issue refunds for the registration fee.