Join one of the nation’s largest electric cooperatives. Jackson Electric Membership Corporation serves more than 225,000 members in 10 Northeast Georgia counties, including Gwinnett, Hall and Barrow counties. We have offices in Lawrenceville, Gainesville, Jefferson and Neese, along with our corporate office off I-85 in Jefferson.
As a cooperative, we’re owned by our members. We’re honored that our members have recognized our commitment to them with some of the highest customer satisfaction rankings by J.D. Power and Associates for electric cooperatives.
Jackson EMC is looking for team members to help the cooperative continue to be the best, forward-thinking, innovative energy supplier. We value a friendly and fulling work environment. Our benefits reflect our commitment to our employees and include:
- Three retirement plans: A define benefit plan (pension), a 401(k) plan and a Roth 401(k) plan
- A competitive group health plan for employees and their eligible dependents
- Dental, vision and long-term disability plans
- Tuition assistance program
- On-site fitness centers
- Opportunities to volunteer in our communities
We’re looking for a multimedia communications representative to join Jackson EMC’s award-winning communications team. This position is a key member of our team for developing, planning and implementing our digital communications programs. Our digital platforms include several websites, social media channels, video, email newsletters and digital displays. This position is largely responsible for day-to-day management of our digital platforms, including websites and social media.
To develop an effective digital communications strategy to provide members and employees with efficient and effective interaction with the cooperative; to develop and coordinate communications messaging across all digital communications outlets; to recommend digital communication tactics and outlets to respond to internal and external events/situations; to develop and provide effective written and visual communication through various digital channels used by the cooperative; to coordinate digital communications messaging with department team members responsible for member, employee, and community communications; to coordinate the cooperative’s brand among external and internal audiences to build satisfaction and enhance engagement; to monitor analytics to evaluate effectiveness of digital communications channels; to provide recommendations for improvement and implement those recommendations; to work and communicate in a team-oriented environment in accordance with the vision, mission, and values of the Cooperative.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or related field. Prefer undergraduate curriculum including courses in liberal arts, social science, economics, or business administration. Prefer some college work in social media and special courses in photography. Prefer certification in social media management.
EXPERIENCE: Require two (2) years of responsible experience in developing, planning, and implementing digital communications programs, writing, editing, design, photography, video, and public relations with business or industry. Prefer experience in strategic digital communications planning and implementation across a wide variety of digital channels with a service-type organization, preferably in the field of rural electrification, along with experience in social media metrics and research. Prefer experience in managing the design and structure of a corporate website. Prefer experience creating multimedia presentations. Prefer experience in email marketing campaigns and applications.
KNOWLEDGE: Require working knowledge of principles and practices in the areas of website and social media communication and journalistic writing for corporate organizations. Require working knowledge of web and social analytics, digital media platforms, photography, and word processing as applied to digital outlets. Prefer working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, videography, and some graphic design experience. Required experience with Content Management Systems and a general knowledge of HTML. Strong knowledge of content development, specifically in business applications on web and social platforms. Prefer experience in responsive web design and website accessibility best practices. Require the ability to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours to further knowledge/skills to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work in a team environment. Require copywriting, copyediting and multimedia production skills. Require time management and project management skills to effectively manage tasks and responsibilities within deadlines. Require the ability to effectively produce communications plans for projects or campaigns, content and design for a variety of digital channels that include website, social media, digital displays, blogs, and podcasts.
Require the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate digital communications programs and channels. Require the ability to evaluate and manage digital platforms, monitor website, and social media analytics, and use research techniques to evaluate member use of digital communications channels. Require the ability to make recommendations to improve Jackson EMC’s social and web platforms for continuous improvements to enhance the member experience. Require the ability to communicate effectively with internal clients and leadership for the strategic development of multimedia content across platforms.
1. Create, coordinate and maintain content for the company’s websites for a variety of users and platforms, with an emphasis on member self-service, promoting cooperative products, services, and resources, and ensuring a positive member experience. This requires hands-on, day-to-day management of several websites for Jackson EMC.
2. Maintain and coordinate the company’s social media outlets, including developing monthly social media messaging plans, creating content, responding to developing news/events, monitoring social media channels and responding appropriately to comments/questions, and facilitating digital messaging for outage communications; evaluate current and emerging social media platforms.
3. Monitor and report website and social media analytics; plan and coordinate research to evaluate use of digital communications channels, and make recommendations for improvement; research and evaluate new digital media, and make recommendations for new communications outlets/mechanisms.
4. Schedule and maintain digital sign program; develop and distribute messaging in coordination with and support of district coordinators.
5. Develop and distribute infographics to be used for digital communication and other media.
6. Coordinate the development of videos for web and social media for specific services or initiatives that align with Jackson EMC’s values.
7. Work with team to coordinate ongoing and new member email communications programs.
8. Participate in the development of a plan for continuous improvement of Jackson EMC’s web presence.
9. Meet with internal clients to develop communications plans for multimedia products, such as videos, social media, web content, photos, infographics and digital signage.
10. Maintain and coordinate digital image archive using Smart Image interface.
11. Work with external vendors who support these activities.
12. Prepare and administer a budget to support these activities.
13. Actively participate in community and chamber of commerce activities as directed.
14. Be familiar with and at all times follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative's Safety Manual.
15. Attend and participate in the Annual Meeting as required or directed.
16. Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.