In advance of the 2020 election and primary debates, this year’s PRSA Georgia Annual Media Day PR pros and journalists from Mundo Hispanico Digital Network, WSB-TV, CNN, WABE and the AJC for a lively Town Hall discussion focusing on the state of our industry and the future of a free press.
Our Town Hall will curate conversations featuring high-profile members of the media for an open discussion addressing topics such as fake news, citizen journalism, and content creation in the paid and owned digital era. We’ll hear from our journalist panel on the changing nature of their careers and the evolution of new newsrooms. What is the future of beat reporting? How can we all work together to pursue the tenets of free media despite an onslaught of daily challenges? Join us to engage as a community, as we forge a path of working together to advance all of our professions.
Lisa Rayam, Host and Senior Producer, Morning Edition, WABE
Judith Martinez-Sadri, Director of Content Marketing/Community Engagement, Mundo Hispanico Digital Network
Shawn McIntosh, Editorial Director, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Mike Petchenik, North Fulton County Bureau Chief, WSB-TV
MaryLynn Ryan, Atlanta Press Club Chairwoman and retired VP and Southeast Bureau Chief, CNN
- Register by Monday, August 5 for the regular rate: Members: $39/Non-members: $59
- After August 5: Members: $49/Non-members: $69
- There is a $15 walk-in fee, space available.
- Valet parking is $2.
- Free self-parking is available in the parking garage behind the restaurant. There is a sign that says Maggiano's and Corner Bakery parking at the garage entrance. The parking lot that is adjacent to Maggiano's is now a PAID PARKING LOT with a charge of $7 per car. It is not owned by Maggiano's. If you park there, you must pre-pay or your car will be booted or towed.
- Luncheon is family-style.
- All reservations are final. Programming is subject to change. There are no cancellations and PRSA Georgia does not issue refunds for the registration fee.