The Corporate Communications team is seeking a highly motivated, professional and collaborative assistant manager to provide support for corporate events, our philanthropy program and general communications work as needed. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in these areas and be part of an award-winning, talented and fun team.
- Handling event logistics such as managing attendee lists, drafting attendee communications, responding to attendee questions, coordinating catering and transportation, ordering supplies, etc. and providing other support as needed
- Supporting relationship with various vendors including agencies, host hotels, caterers, transportation companies, etc.
- Managing meeting agendas, taking notes and tracking project timelines
- Providing support on our philanthropic efforts and charitable Foundation including working with nonprofit partners; coordinating, tracking and reporting on donations; answering employee and nonprofit questions, etc.
- Providing project management support on our annual Corporate Citizenship Report
- Other communications support and project management as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (5-20% travel on average)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university
- 1-3 years work experience in events and project management, ideally in a corporate setting
- Extremely proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong executor
- Quick learner; open to receiving and actioning feedback
- Highly flexible
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Willingness to work outside of business hours when necessary (i.e., prior to a large event or major deadline)
- Poised, polished, professional
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer’s, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands’ beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.