Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), the Associate Director, Public Relations is responsible for the creation and implementation of PR strategy for internal and external audiences, and is the principal media representative to all international, national, regional, and local press outlets. This role serves as a key liaison and collaborates closely with all Atlanta Ballet departments to synchronize integrated marketing and leverage earned media with the goal of brand elevation.
- Manage the creation and execution of public relations plans for Atlanta Ballet and its Centre for Dance Education, including performances, classes, community engagement programs and special events (i.e., fundraisers, ball, and board-related activities, etc.).
- Serve as the spokesperson communicating with the media and the public as needed.
- Manage overall press strategy
- Develop internal sources for content to deliver informative, engaging, and strategic media placements
- Pitch press on organization-related stories that further Atlanta Ballet’s reputation as a premiere arts organization and a leading dance company, and the Centre’s reputation as a premiere dance school.
- Draft and edit public relations collateral materials including bios, press releases, calendar listings, media alerts and background information documents.
- Work cross-functionally with Atlanta Ballet departments (Centre for Dance Education, Advancement, Artistic, Production, Community Engagement, etc.) to provide counsel related to PR and social media activities for programs, initiatives, sponsorship/donor obligations, etc.
- Provide proactive solutions to crisis management issues and delicate matters with potential to impact public perception; be able to craft and tailor specific messaging in executive and/or brand voice according to internal (i.e., dancers, staff, Board of Trustees) and external (i.e., media, stakeholders, public) audiences.
- Supervise social media manager to effectively implement social media plans to extend the reach of earned, owned, and paid media in order to create a community of online patrons, and increase engagement.
- Create, evolve, and build narratives that reflect Atlanta Ballet’s mission, vision, and values. Develop content strategies and leverage storytelling to produce engaging editorial content.
- Develop key messages as needed in response to media inquiries.
- Prepare executive leadership to serve confidently as spokespersons to deliver statements and important talking points in media interviews, broadcast appearances, speaking engagements and large meetings/events.
- Establish and maintain key media relationships across traditional and new media platforms.
- Serve as primary marketing/PR liaison to Company dancers to fulfill any PR-related requests for guest appearances or personal needs. Manage approval process of images, including approval of the artistic director, dancers, and choreographer, when needed. Work with Company Manager, Production staff, and Artistic Director to ensure Atlanta Ballet PR activities are in accordance with the dancers’ union and Atlanta Ballet dancer contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in public relations, communications, social media or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Experience in crisis communications and reputation management.
- Experience in change management is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, creativity, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task, coordinate, work both independently and collaboratively, and have a great sense of urgency
- Knowledge of AP Style Guide
- To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and writing samples to Tricia Ekholm, Chief Marketing Officer, Atlanta Ballet 1695 Marietta Blvd NW, Atlanta GA 30318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Posting closes Wednesday, June 30.
Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.