Do you have a passion for social media, content development and storytelling? As a key member of the Newell Brands Corporate Communications team, the External Communications (Social Media, Digital, Content & PR) Associate Manager is primarily responsible for corporate storytelling through our corporate social media channels and website. The Corporate Communications team has a high-profile role in the organization and there is opportunity for this role to partner with all the Business Units and enterprise functions.
The Associate Manager must exhibit a working knowledge of social media, digital strategy, content planning and publishing, organic and paid social media amplification and monitoring and measurement. The Associate Manager is a member of the editorial team and participates in weekly meetings to set the external editorial agenda for the company. The Associate Manager will help develop an approach to managing, engaging, listening, amplifying and measuring the success of our social media and website efforts. The individual will also support senior-level colleagues with their social content on LinkedIn. In addition to social media, the Associate Manager will support public relations efforts including media pitching, competitive research, corporate message development and other ad hoc needs required of the Corporate Communications team.
- Participate in weekly editorial meetings and help develop and drive external communications content.
- Manage Newell Brands’ corporate social channels including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor. This entails ensuring channels are kept up to date with relevant content and information and community management including monitoring and drafting responses, coordinating with relevant stakeholders as needed and responding to queries and comments in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistency of brand voice and positioning on social channels.
- Manage corporate website updates, in partnership with the Corporate Design/Graphics function. Propose improvements within the current interface as well as ideas for more engaging corporate content. Track and report on relevant metrics.
- Serve as a liaison to Brand Communications partners to amplify brand-centric content on the corporate social/digital channels.
- Analyze performance of social/digital media content through a quarterly report, to help guide direction of future content through tools like Sprinklr and Google Analytics.
- Support the Senior Manager and Manager of External Communications on media relations, speaking opportunities, awards and message development.
- Develop and manage external communications materials: write and edit corporate messages/briefing documents, press releases and talking points, Q&As, fact sheets and key stats, organize headshots, product shots and broll for external use and carry on any project-specific communications as needed.
- Stay up to date on features and content capabilities of existing, new and emerging social media channels.
- Research best in class content creation across other major corporate brands.
- Assist Corporate Communications events / activations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in social media copy writing, social media management, digital content creation, external communications and/or PR on a corporate communications team or in a public relations agency.
- Creativity and a passion for social media and digital communications is a must
- Excellent copy writing skills and ability to tailor messages for specific audiences and spokespeople.
- Experience with social listening and digital reporting tools (i.e., Sprinklr and Google Analytics) and the ability to identify and track insights and deliver quarterly reports.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Poised, polished and professional.
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well within a highly collaborative team.
- Willingness to take a writing test.
- To apply, please click here.