The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, (TSPMG)/ Kaiser Permanente is happy to announce an opening for a Communications and Event Specialist. This individual provides consultation, develops communication strategy, and implements communications projects for TSPMG clinical and staff departments. They partner with clinical and business leaders, and health plan marketing and communication teams. Design, plan, organize, coordinate, and execute operational facets of meetings, town halls, offsites and events; includes identifying, negotiating and contracting for meeting space, hotel accommodations, transportation, food & beverage, technology, and audio-visual needs and providing on-site support for meetings and events; Ensures brand integrity with internal and external facing communications and activities.
The ideal candidate needs a Bachelor’s degree – marketing, communications, or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in communication strategy development and execution. The job will have a hybrid schedule of remote and office time.
Minimum Education and/or Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, PR, or marketing
- 2+ years’ experience planning and executing meetings or events
- Excellent communication (written and presentation) skills
- Content writing experience for internal and external audiences
- Highly organized, meticulous attention to detail, ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to identify & develop internal and external communication opportunities
- Works well under pressure & meets tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated consultative approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and influence others to achieve optimal outcomes
- Should be prepared to show work samples and explain strategy & impact of each project
- Negotiating skills
Preferred Education and/or Qualifications:
- 2+ years in an agency or consulting environment preferred
- Experience preparing and producing video for internal and external audiences; knowledge of production techniques
- Experience with MS Teams, WebEx, Skype or similar web meeting/conferencing technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), web tools, and design tools (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Must have own transportation & clean driving record
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Develop and implement communication strategies for clinical and administrative departments.
- Research and write internal messages, social media posts, external messages, video messages, infographics, and other communication materials.
- Identify external media and community opportunities for clinical leaders; work with leaders to prepare them for internal and external speaking engagements.
- Support communication needs of clinical leaders; Includes developing communication strategy & materials, meeting logistics & execution, and measurement of communication effectiveness.
- Design, plan, organize, coordinate, and execute operational facets of meetings, town halls, offsites and events; includes identifying, negotiating and contracting for meeting space, hotel accommodations, transportation, food & beverage, technology, and audio-visual needs and providing on-site support for meetings and events.
- Continuously improve processes and procedures that support meetings and events, including registration systems, video, and web-based platforms.
- Develop budgets, monitor expenditures, and manage payments for meetings and events.
- May include occasional overnight travel to support meetings and events.
- May occasionally supervise assigned project staff, interns, or volunteers during meetings and events.
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is one of Georgia’s largest independent, physician-owned, multi-specialty medical groups. More than 600 physicians and 200 associate practitioners work together in a unique integrated care model to provide high-quality care to over 315,000 Kaiser Permanente members. Care is delivered at 26 medical offices featuring state-of-the-art equipment, labs, imaging services, and pharmacies. We also provide surgical services and around the clock care at some of the area’s top hospitals.
TSPMG offers a competitive salary, a generous retirement package, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, long and short-term disability, relocation allowance, and more. We also offer numerous clinical and non-clinical learning opportunities and physician leadership development.
Atlanta, our home for more than 30 years, is a thriving metropolis that blends southern charm with modern art, music and culture. Learn more about our beautiful southern city at www.discoveratlanta.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We maintain a drug and nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- To apply, please click here.