Pace Academy is an independent college preparatory school in Atlanta, Ga., with an enrollment of 1,115 students in Pre-First through 12th grades. The school strives to provide an environment that cultivates a spirit of service, respect for diversity, global citizenship and character. Our commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture is reflected in a community in which differences are embraced, and students, parents, faculty and staff have a sense of belonging.
At Pace, we hire culturally competent and responsive candidates who believe in the critical importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the life of a school and can effectively incorporate those principles in their professional roles. Pace actively seeks candidates from historically underrepresented populations.
Pace Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, fastidious and knowledgeable Communications Associate to add to its current team. This newly added position will begin on July 1, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social Media
○ Draft and maintain social media editorial calendar for official Pace Academy and
Pace Academy Alumni Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
○ Collaborate with the Office of Communications, the Office of Advancement and
other departments to create compelling content
○ Work with the digital communications manager to ensure visual and verbal
consistency across all digital platforms
○ Curate content and post to all accounts
○ When applicable, design graphics for posts
○ Monitor other Pace-related accounts; work with students, staff, coaches and others
to ensure brand standards and consistency
○ Track analytics and provide quarterly reports
- Written Communications
○ Compile, edit and send This Week at Pace, the school’s weekly e-newsletter
○ Draft and edit school-wide emails
○ Contribute articles and editing skills to the KnightTimes, the school’s quarterly
- Website & Project Management (25%)
- Assist the team in tracking and managing projects and project requests
- Manage and maintain the Pace Academy online calendar
- Draft and update faculty and staff bios
- Oversee updates to and production of the Pace Academy Handbook and Directory
- Coordinate small-scale photo shoots, parent requests, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge of AP Style
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Basic photography and video skills
- A familiarity with Finalsite or similar CMS a plus, but not required
- Attention to detail and deadlines, flexibility, creative problem-solving skills and a
team-first approach to tasks
- A sense of humor and a passion for storytelling
- Willingness to participate in and enthusiasm for school life and culture
- Belief in the critical importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the life of a school so
as to foster a sense of belonging
- Occasional attendance at night or weekend events
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative learning community, employing a growth
mindset and participating in ongoing professional development during the school year
- Commitment to developing one’s own cultural self-awareness, cultural competence and
- Ethical behavior, professionalism, and regular and reliable attendance
Learn more about Pace Academy Communications here.
Learn more about our Action Plan for Racial Equity here.
Pace offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurances, a
403(b) plan with a generous match, paid term life and disability insurances, supplemental
insurance plans, Georgia 529 and Flexible Spending Accounts.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and CV or resume to: Jobs@PaceAcademy.org.
Please indicate where you learned of this job and your desired salary range. PDFs or Word
documents are preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer