The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Communications Project Specialist will support corporate and community engagement and event and meeting planning within the Center for Strategic Relations. This individual will also provide project management assistance and administrative and communication assistance with ARC’s sponsorship initiative. This is a part-time temporary (29 hours on average per week) position that is not eligible for benefits. This assignment will end on December 31, 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with record keeping, calendar coordination, and spreadsheet management;
- Provides project management and administrative support; including intensive follow-up for signature event(s), meeting planning and execution, writing and specified marketing;
- Consults and coordinates with the ARC staff and external partners;
- Coordinates logistics and attends agency events and meetings;
- Perform other duties assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of public relations, marketing, communications and event planning;
- Knowledge of program or project planning and implementation;
- Skill in business flow systems and coordinating events;
- Ability to gather data, interpret information and apply logic and reason;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to exercise good judgement as to when to solicit direction from supervisors;
- Ability to coordinate deadlines, prioritize work demands, and monitor programs/projects;
- Ability to multi-task, with a high attention to detail;
- Possess strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytical and organization skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (advanced proficiency in Excel) and project management.
- High school diploma
- One year of event planning, communications, marketing and/or community engagement experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- 3 years of undergraduate study in communications, events planning, marketing or a related field.
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
- Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
- Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
- Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
- Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
- Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues’ Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues’ success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
- To apply, please click here.