The Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing is now accepting applications for a Communications Specialist.
Emory’s School of Nursing is the No. 2 nursing school in the country for both undergraduate and graduate programs and has a long-standing history of preparing visionary nurse leaders. We offer undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and non-degree programs, bringing together cutting-edge resources, distinguished faculty, top clinical experiences, and access to leading healthcare partners to shape the future of nursing and impact our world’s health and well-being.
- The Communications Specialist is responsible for helping to implement the school’s internal and external communications and marketing programs to meet strategic goals and key business objectives.
- The Communications Specialist will frequently collaborate with senior leadership and a wide range of faculty and staff throughout the School of Nursing, Woodruff Health Sciences Center, Health Sciences Communications, Advancement and Alumni Relations, and the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, writing, and editing various digital and print communications materials including leadership correspondence, newsletters, brochures, articles, press releases, blog posts, etc.
- Consulting with management and staff to help maintain the School of Nursing’s website
- Developing and maintaining effective methods for distributing communications materials and information
- Leading the school’s social media strategy and maintaining its content calendar and social media platforms
- Developing promotional videos on behalf of students and faculty
- Create graphics to support marketing and communications initiatives
- Provide event support for the school’s signature events
The successful candidate will be prepared to identify new and creative methods for communicating with the school’s internal and external audiences, develop content based on current marketing and communications strategies and best practices, and work collaboratively on a team to provide engaging ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate projects as a self-starter
- Ability to create engaging, on-brand content
- Seeks collaboration and can function as an integral team member with other faculty and staff
- Ability to prioritize and successfully deliver on tight timelines
This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
- To apply for this position, please click here.