The Communications team executes strategic communications designed to drive engagement, build identity, and make an impact in our areas of focus. Through internal and external communications, the team delivers messages across a variety of platforms including digital, social, video and print.
We are looking to add to our team a collaborative, solutions-oriented communicator with a deep focus on relationship building across internal teams and external media and partners. Could this be you? You have the ability to project manage and execute internal and board communications, you love identifying newsworthy angles and developing compelling storylines, you bring an innovative and solution-oriented mindset, and consider yourself to be versatile with ability to shift between tactical and strategic work. You understand the value of planning and measurement to the success of a communications strategy.
The Foundation Communications Specialist will report to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Communications.
- Develop and execute all internal and stakeholder communications.
- Communicate about the Blank Family Foundation’s mission, purpose, and strategy, and participate in communications strategy development.
- Partner with the Chief of Staff on board book and other board materials to develop content, design layout, editing, and assembly.
- Research and write press releases and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Innovate around content and presentation, continuing to leverage new trends and creative approaches to reach our audiences in fresh ways.
- Create content for monthly and quarterly communications to all associates, including the Executive Leadership Team, across the Blank Family of Businesses and key stakeholders.
- Engage with executives on communications strategies, speaking opportunities, and other initiatives.
- Support crisis communications issues as needed.
- Measure and monitor communication results.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
- Build and maintain team media lists.
- Other general support of foundation communications team.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of professional experience in public relations, communications, or content development.
- Passionate about the ever-evolving media environment with an agile POV to share.
- Excellent verbal, writing, editing and presenting skills.
- Strong understanding of analytics, with the ability to generate quarterly reports to present metrics to foundation leaders and all Blank Family of Businesses associates based on various strategies.
- Strong content writing with the ability to identify target audiences based on Foundation goals and objectives.
- Understanding of strategic communications planning process.
- Be a contributing member to a team that believes in embodying and enriching the spirit of giving back displayed by Mr. Arthur Blank and his family.
- Self-motivated, with the ability and confidence to bring new ideas to the table.
About the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation:
A renowned entrepreneur and co-founder of The Home Depot, Arthur M. Blank is now recognized for his values-based Blank Family of Businesses and as one of America’s leading philanthropists through The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation. All of his industry-leading businesses and the Blank Family Foundation operate on six core values: Put People First, Listen and Respond, Include Everyone, Innovate Continuously, Lead by Example, Give Back to Others.
After 25 years and more than $800 million in giving as of July 2021, the Blank Family Foundation has committed to significantly escalating the impact of its philanthropy over the next 10+ years. This milestone coincides with deeper participation among the next generation of Blank family members on the board and in advisory capacities, partnering around their shared core beliefs, including the Jewish value of tikkun olam (“heal and repair the world”), and seeking a fuller realization of American ideals.
The Board is embarking on a journey of deeper learning and strategy setting for its new collective areas of giving, which include: Youth Development, with a focus on workforce development and economic mobility; Democracy, with a focus on key areas of Voting Rights, and Journalism; and Environment, with a focus on key areas of Conservation and Climate Resiliency. Across these portfolios, the Blank Family Foundation will look for opportunities to address the growing crisis of disconnection in our nation.
Geographically, much of the work will continue to prioritize Georgia (with a focus on Atlanta) and Montana, while also considering the potential for greater national impact and influence.
In addition to the collective areas of giving, the Blank Family Foundation will continue to oversee a large portfolio of Founder-led initiatives and guide the eight Associate-led giving committees operating across the Blank Family of Businesses.
- To apply, please click here.