Metro Atlanta-based Scientific Games is the global leader in lottery games, sports betting and technology, and the partner of choice for government lotteries. From cutting-edge backend systems to exciting entertainment experiences and trailblazing retail and digital solutions, we elevate play every day. We push game designs to the next level and are pioneers in data analytics and iLottery. Built on a foundation of trusted partnerships, Scientific Games combines relentless innovation, legendary performance, and unwavering security to responsibly propel the global lottery industry ever forward.
Scientific Games is recruiting for a talented, highly motivated professional with strong writing, content creation, digital communications and social media campaign creation and management skills for the position of Communications Specialist.
You will be an integral part of a high-energy, fast-moving communications team that leverages authentic, transparent and informative storytelling to strategically deliver multi-channel programs that engage, influence and create meaningful conversations with the company’s internal and external stakeholders.
As Communications Specialist, you will be a key contributor in planning and developing communications content, including writing, editing and proofing copy for social media campaigns, company website and intranet, editorials and interviews, employee and customer-facing messaging, media releases, award entries, and video and presentation scripts that supports SG’s mission and business goals. You’ll create and manage social media campaigns, and play a lead role in digital platform management and content distribution across internal and external channels.
If this sounds like you, scroll down and keep reading!
- Learn and understand the company’s strategy and voice, products and industry ecosystem
- Champion SG’s vision, mission and values in all communications and channels
- Take a lead on social strategy and campaign planning and management –including channel and content strategy, content creation, production and channel programming.
- Conceptualize, collaborate with creative teams on design and execute high-quality content across all relevant social media platforms.
- Proactively seek ideas for stories / content / social media that align business line and product owner needs with the company’s overall goals.
- Develop content, interview, write, edit and report through a variety of channels, including to print, digital, social and video.
- Serve as the lead content manager for the company’s website and intranet.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout the company, act as a point of contact for communications needs of various business units and departments.
- Coordinate and partner with business leaders and departments across the company on content strategies, troubleshooting, and other related projects. May serve as a liaison for the Communications Department in cross-team meetings.
- Work with graphic and digital designers and support a variety of creative projects and standards, including brochures, posters, brand and graphics, digital ads and/or videos.
- Design and implement metric reporting strategies to measure the effectiveness of communication vehicles and manage the use of metrics to drive actionable insights. Write reports, updates project management and databases with status updates.
- Must be open to occasional travel to Scientific Games offices and other locations for conferences, events and meetings.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
Scientific Games’ hybrid workplace includes onsite and remote roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Knowledge, Skills, and Capabilities:
- Creative and strategic thinker with superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with superb attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Proven social media campaign development and platform management skills in a corporate or agency environment. Well-knowledged in the latest social media trends, best practices, competitive tools and products.
- Understanding of storytelling and what makes engaging content on social media and digital channels – can make ideas come to life!
- Ability to learn and adeptly use multiple communications tech platforms for social media, employee and customer emails, news release distribution, news monitoring, document archives, and department workflow management.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others to advance priorities and execute.
- Thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented environment where priorities evolve regularly, and decisions are made with a “we’ve got this” mindset.
- Able to work well under deadline and prioritize based on significance of the project and its timeline.
- Comfortable representing the Communications team at internal and external events, organizing photo/video shoots, guiding visitors on company tours, etc.
- Willingness to pitch in on various projects as needed, including employee and customer events.
- Experience in the lottery or gaming industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate or agency communications, marketing, PR, or social content-creator role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn MS Sharepoint.
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn email distribution tech platform required.
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn workflow management tech platform (i.e. Monday.com) required.
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn social media tech platform (i.e. Sprout) required.
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn news release distribution and media monitoring tech platforms (i.e. PRNewswire and Cision) required.
- Prior experience with or aptitude to quickly learn website content management platform required; experience with Umbraco CMS preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- To apply, please click here.