Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your Day to Day:
Coordinates and assists in developing and distributing communications materials, and arranging events/conferences, that supports the business and the priorities of key stakeholders and business units.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Coordinator will provide project/administrative support for a variety of corporate communications functions (i.e. Media Relations, Special Events & Meetings, Operations Communications and Government Affairs) throughout the year.
- Support AMER Media Relations efforts (execution/communications; program liaison: IHG Loyalty/GCA AMER/IHG; provide program reports/updates, interface with media on a regular basis)
- Support IHG’s Corporate Communications and Public Relations efforts by providing coordination of logistics and planning of media and other meetings, including vendor, hotel, internal stakeholder management, in addition to various communications assignments as appropriate. Support AMER Conferences and industry events, including logistics and communications preparation for company leaders.
- Prepare and format various departmental reports/presentations, gather and summarize information from various sources as requested; use various spreadsheet graphics/statistical software as needed.
- Complete/coordinate activities for assigned special projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps, status updates; follow-up to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- Administrative duties as needed: create media reports and interview schedules; schedule meetings/calendar activity and other duties as assigned.
What We Need From You:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
2 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communications, coupled with influencing skills and executive presence.
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, hotels, internal clients, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a globally matrixed organization
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, e-mail)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, ongoing assignments and projects accurately, on time, within specified budget and with attention to detail to maintain accuracy of reporting data. Demonstrated organizational skills and follow-through.
What We Offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
- To apply, please click here.