The PR coordinator is an entry-level position that supports the public relations department on all major campaigns and handles logistics management so the department runs smoothly. The ideal candidate must be able to write clean, compelling copy and research industry trends under deadline pressure. We are looking for a team member who is a self-starter with strong analytical skills that will make an immediate impact.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following):
- Maintain department records including invoices, subscriptions and tracking monthly media placements in Muck Rack
- Manage organization’s digital asset management platform (Barberstock) and grant access to approved media outlets
- Research current trends in hospitality industry to keep press materials and media pitches fresh and accurate
- Manage media lists, placement reports and in-kind service reports for the department
- Draft content for media pitches, press releases, media advisories, blog posts and convention clients
- Facilitate media visits to ensure coverage includes Atlanta and ACVB’s core messages
- Cultivate relationships with journalists and respond to frequent media requests
- Assist director, manager and specialist with domestic and international media outreach and visits to ensure coverage includes Atlanta and ACVB’s core messages
- Oversee internal communications to keep ACVB staff informed of industry trends and relevant news coverage
- Manage online newsroom
- Draft and update letters and one pagers
- This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create content in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
- General knowledge of Atlanta’s hospitality industry
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation):
- Job knowledge & accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively problem-solve
- Strong sense of organizational and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
- High-energy, versatile and self-directed
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the public relations field (internships included)
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday (minimal early mornings, late evenings and weekend work)
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
- During offsite meetings, events and site visits, work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
- Work Location: This is a full-time on-site position located in the Atlanta office four days a week, and one remote working day a week
- Physical Requirements: Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Light lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Position requires significant amount of walking during media FAMs
- Position requires moderate amount of driving during media FAMs
- Travel: 0-5%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
- To apply, please click here.