IHG® is currently filling a full-time Corporate Communications Manager position in Atlanta. For more information and to apply, you may visit here.
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day:
Ensure external communications activities are aligned with regional and global priorities and partner with assigned Americas business functions to tell IHG’s corporate story in the region
- Design and manage strategic communications campaigns and initiatives that drive business and brand objectives forward
- Collaborate and partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to define, create and deliver strategic, impactful narratives that support IHG’s overall corporate story in key areas: e.g., Growth (Brands, Value Proposition); Employment; Corporate Responsibility (Charitable Giving); Purpose (True Hospitality for Everyone)
- Media storytelling and engagement including proactively identifying and pitching unique stories, paired with great content and appropriate IHG spokespeople. Develop and nurture relationships with key media (e.g., newspaper, online, trade/consumer/lifestyle, broadcast and freelance) and track and report media coverage
- Oversee the research, development and writing of news releases, messaging materials, event/interview briefing books and backgrounders
- Partner with key IHG leaders to develop and execute executive visibility and thought leadership programs and tactics, including media interviews; social media content and strategy for LinkedIn (primarily); and panel discussions at industry events
- Protect company’s reputation by effectively managing communications response around corporate and hotel-level incidents, crises and issues including liaising with hotels, media and other stakeholders
- Manage any outside vendors, including external PR agencies to support execution of PR programs
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. B.A. in Journalism, Communications or English preferred.
- 5 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position, including public relations, media relations, executive support and internal communications.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Media relations expertise, as well as crisis communications and issues management, advocacy group and industry association relationship management
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing clear and concise written business communications for all types and levels of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate with all levels of management and employees
- Strong business focus with ability to think strategically (3-5 years out) and research pertinent business trends
- Development and management of all media and external communications efforts as they relate to the Company and the Company’s brands.
- Approves corporate communications delivered to the field as appropriate
- Reviews as appropriate consumer communications
- Serves as authoritative voice regarding how communications are delivered to the field
- Oversees communication policies for consumer and corporate communications delivered to the field
- Responsible for overseeing proper usage of corporate identity standards in all communications.
- Brand marketing plans and integrated campaign strategies
- PR delivery in priority markets
- Travel requirement: 5-10%
What we offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- For more information and to apply, click here.