Feeding Georgia is a nonprofit organization comprised of seven regional Feeding America affiliate food banks that work with more than 2,000 partner agencies – collectively distributing millions of pounds of food throughout Georgia to more than 150,000 individuals seeking food assistance each week. At Feeding Georgia, we assist the food banks in their work by collaborating on strategic issues, advocating and educating on their behalf, and coordinating statewide efforts to help to secure more nutritious food & funds. Together, we lead a statewide effort to end hunger in Georgia.
Feeding Georgia’s Corporate Partnerships & Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies to drive brand awareness about our mission and network impact with key audiences. They lead corporate and industry-based digital marketing/giving campaigns and special events that currently generate more than $1,000,000 statewide for the food banks each year.
This role requires a highly strategic communicator who is enthusiastic about meeting new people, pays attention to detail, and has a zeal for cultivating relationships and a heart for hunger relief work.
This position is a remote, work from home position with some periodic in-person staff meetings at the corporate office (3400 N Desert Drive, Atlanta, 30344). It requires 25% travel to events and meetings in the metro Atlanta area and around the state including some overnight travel. They must live in the 29 county Metropolitan Atlanta MSA.
The individual in this position has the opportunity to travel across the state to meet with high-level strategic partners and food bank staff and to attend meetings and conferences. Feeding Georgia is a small but mighty team, and the individual in this position must be experienced, highly self-directed and excited about wearing many hats as new projects and opportunities arise. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works with support from the Director of Strategic Initiatives, a Social Media & Digital Marketing Contractor and a contract Public Relations firm.
The primary responsibilities of the Corporate Partnerships and Communications Manager include:
- Develop and Execute Feeding Georgia’s overall communication strategies:
- Develop and execute an annual cross-channel marketing and communications plan
- Write, design and manage all communications materials
- Write press releases and manage media relations and develop contacts with corporate partners and community leaders
- Oversee assignments to the Social Media & Digital Marketing Contractor including the monthly social media strategy and calendar
- Work with PR firm to ensure regular updates to the Feeding Georgia website and campaign-specific websites
- Support communications for grant projects as needed
- Lead and grow statewide industry-focused digital marketing/fundraising competitions that engage corporate entities in two-week online peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns; currently including:
- Georgia Legal Food Frenzy (legal industry) in partnership with the Office of the Attorney General and the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar
- Georgia Accounting Food Fight (accounting industry) with the Georgia Society of CPAs
- Maintain and build relationships with statewide partners and food bank members for each campaign
- Develop communications strategy and oversee the creation of all communications for the promotion of these campaigns; including emails and letters on the behalf of statewide partners, press releases, social media content, website content, donor recognition, etc.
- Assist the food banks to develop regional strategies to promote and grow charitable giving in their region throughout each campaign.
- Create resources and research best practices for the food banks to promote the campaigns locally including prospect lists, correspondence drafts, and work with the Social Media & Communications Coordinator to oversee the creation of social media graphics, flyers, etc.
- Plan statewide kick-off events and volunteer opportunities for each campaign
- Manage and analyze all fundraising data and records for the campaigns
- Manage the organization and its member food banks’ accounts on Classy, a digital fundraising platform that our member food banks have access to year-round.
- Work with contractor support to develop and build digital peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns for each industry competition; including content, branding, and design
- Innovate the competitions utilizing communication and campaign strategies to increase donor engagement
- Create informational materials that will help the ease of use of Classy for both donors and food bank staff
- Coordinate with the organization’s Classy Account Team to empower the food banks to leverage this tool for their overall online fundraising strategy outside of the statewide campaigns by providing best-practice training, resources for crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaigns, and special events.
- Utilize Classy for Feeding Georgia’s fundraising needs as appropriate (e.g. in the case of statewide disaster, special events)
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and communications for fundraising events including Feeding Georgia’s signature annual dinner event that kicks off the Georgia legislative session and celebrate the partnership between food banks and the agricultural community:
- Develop a communications strategy to promote the event, including the development of branding and collateral
- Manage and promote ticket sales to the Georgia General Assembly, constituents, community leaders, and the general public
- Secure and renew sponsorships for the event from strategic partners and create promotional materials for the event to recognize sponsors.
- Support the planning and execution of Feeding Georgia’s annual Day at the State Capitol:
- Work with Executive Director to develop the advocacy messaging strategy and collateral for the Day at the Capitol
- Support other functions as needed as new projects, grants, or opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred studies: Communications, Marketing, Business
- At least three years of nonprofit communications or fundraising experience, sales, and/or corporate partnerships, community outreach
- Strong presentation, storytelling, verbal, and written communication skills with experience drafting fundraising solicitations, press releases, and other professional communications
- Solid relationship-building skills, able to comfortably interface with C-level executives and support staff
- Proven success and enthusiasm for relationship building with corporate donors and association partners in order to understand their needs and create partnerships that grow over time.
- This position requires experience with:
- Classy or similar peer-to-peer/crowdfunding fundraising platforms
- CRM software
- Social media platforms and scheduling tools for event and campaign promotion
- Wordpress, Beaver Builder, or similar website builder
- AP writing style
- Proficiency with full Microsoft Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Proficiency with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp or HubSpot
This position requires a home office environment that is free from distractions during the working day. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing, and/or bending; listening, talking, and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter the physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 10 pounds; however, lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs will be required when conducting off-site information fairs. There may be periods of standing and talking for 1-3 hours at a time. Local travel will be required on a consistent basis during certain periods of the year; Up to 25% statewide travel will be required periodically; must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Must be located within the 29 county metropolitan Atlanta area.
$50,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience with performance bonus opportunity, plus benefits and employer-paid healthcare plan that includes health, vision and dental for the employee. Family members can be added to the plan at the employee’s expense. 15 days vacation, 10 days sick leave plus holidays each year. Simple IRA with 3% company match.
- To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No calls, please.