Cobb Community Foundation (“CCF” or “Foundation”) is a grant-making public charity that builds and grows resources to enhance quality of life in Cobb County and elsewhere. CCF’s mission is inspiring charitable giving, building resources for the future and connecting donors who care with causes that matter. Our vision is a community fully engaged in meeting needs now and into the future.
We work closely with individuals and businesses who have established charitable funds, non-profits who are serving our community, and other community stakeholders who, like us, are working to create in Cobb an even higher quality of life.
The Digital Media and Communications Specialist manages all forms of digital communication to maximize CCF’s visibility and engagement.
- Assist in the development of CCF’s communications plan and social media
- Develop and manage social media content and activity
- Manage, maintain and develop content for CCF’s blog
- Design, develop content for and distribute CCF’s e-mail blasts and newsletters
- With Operations Manager, maintain and refine contact database
- Update website content, marketing collateral and related on an on-going basis, ensuring accuracy and compliance with brand standards
- Maintain social media calendar
- Provide website and social media analytics, providing observations and recommendations
- Update and maintain CCF website and manage website content
- Update and maintain Cobb Community Connection website and content
- Update and maintain charitable fund profiles and similar information stored in core operating system (iPhi)
Board and Community Relations
- Participate in related community activities and promote the organization’s mission and programs throughout the community
- Serve as staff liaison to Communications Team established by Board of Directors
- Serve as staff liaison to Events Committee established by Board of Directors
- Serve as staff liaison to Events Committee, attending all meetings and reporting as appropriate to staff
- Develop and oversee registration process for all in-person and virtual events
- Provide logistics support for all events, virtual or otherwise
This position description is intended to be general and will evolve over time and is subject to periodic updating. All CCF team members are expected to work together, providing assistance to one another and sharing or temporarily transitioning responsibilities as needed to ensure that community, fundholder, donor, management and board expectations are met or exceeded and that all team members are able to succeed.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in a communications role in an organization or at a marketing agency
- Demonstrated talent for marketing/PR writing, project management, and engaging people on social media
- Knack for using digital marketing technology, including basic graphics programs, and contact management/email systems
- Passionate about making an impact
- Organized and detailed
- Eye for design (but not a designer necessarily)
- Kind and collaborative
CCF has a small, close-knit staff, and we work in an open, professional environment. We respect one another and believe that all people deserve respect. We work very hard, help one another and the Foundation to succeed. We are honored and humbled to do the work we do to make our community even stronger.
Cobb Community Foundation is committed to achieving our mission and vision by upholding and promoting the following guiding principles:
- Steward with Integrity – We are entrusted with financial resources and charitable wishes of our donors and fundholders, and hold ourselves accountable to be ethical, honest, and transparent in our actions.
- Commit to Excellence – We strive to provide the highest quality and value in everything we do.
- Lead with Compassion – We take action because we care deeply for our community and those we serve.
- Give with Purpose – We leverage data to enhance our understanding of the needs of our community and mobilize resources to meet those needs.
- Embrace Diversity – We embrace diversity, stand for equity, and encourage inclusion through our practices and daily interactions within our organization, community, and partnerships.
- Foster Collaboration – We work collaboratively with community stakeholders, empower others to build lasting partnerships, and embrace our shared responsibility to work toward productive solutions to strengthen our community.
- Adapt to Change – We are committed to evolve and grow to serve the changing needs of our community.
Other Important Information:
Given: This position does not directly supervise anyone
Internal: All employees, management staff, board members, and volunteers
External: Community organizations, vendors, media contacts, and general public as needed to support the organization
Physical: Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and be able to bend and lift light to medium size objects.
Mental: Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; have excellent problem-solving; communication, and interpersonal skills
Emotional: Positive attitude; courteous and professional demeanor; leads by example to promote positive employee morale and efficient operations.
$40,000 – $50,000
10th Floor, 1100 Circle 75 Parkway Atlanta, GA (Co-located with Cobb Chamber)
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Deadlines, initiatives and events periodically require work outside of these hours.
If you share these values, believe you would succeed at and enjoy the work described, have the education, experience and skills required, we hope you contact us. Please send your resume and cover letter to Shari Martin at Shari@cobbfoundation.org.