Dematic is a global materials handling company and leading supplier of intelligent automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. It employs over 9,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Its customer base includes companies of all sizes across a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is the subsidiary of a global parent company, KION Group, a leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, this parent company designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers.
KION Group is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany and is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It has more than 36,000 employees and generated revenue over €8 billion in 2020.
The Director of Communications for Dematic will serve as the global communications strategist for the parent company’s Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) operating unit, while also acting as a member Dematic’s Global Marketing & Communications Leadership Team. The individual will be charged with developing and delivering inventive, effective and proactive efforts designed to elevate the visibility and thought-leader status of the company and increase purchase consideration for its products and projects offering worldwide.
The position includes responsibility for internal, change and external communications. The Director of Corporate Communications will directly lead a team of approximately 4 employees at sites across the U.S. with dotted line oversight of matrixed regional teams in China/Asia, Central Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe and Australia.
- Set the strategic direction of internal, change and external communications within Dematic, as part of the KION Group SCS operating unit. Effectively implement the communications strategy and assume responsibility for maintaining and improving global visibility, reputation, thought leadership and purchase consideration.
- Ensure overall alignment with global Corporate Communications strategies and activities of the parent company and its other operating units.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the business unit’s products and systems, market presence, and global business operations; understand and embrace the parent company’s strategy, the supporting business unit strategy, the group’s values and leadership principles, as well as the organizational structure.
- Provide leadership in expanding the external and internal communications capabilities and expertise within the communications teams of the business unit in all regions.
- Provide direct communications support to Dematic’s global executive leadership team.
- Increase communications team members’ capabilities and impact by developing people and encouraging them to work together at the operating unit level and across the parent company’s operations, including other operating units, as a skilled and motivated global team.
- Provide vision, management and direction to lead a high-performing team that will:
- Develop and deliver a content-driven communications plan which includes global-level actions and initiatives in local markets and which is closely aligned with the parent company’s overall communications objectives.
- Develop, implement and use appropriate communications channels while creating synergies with existing communications channels within the parent company and its operating units.
- Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders including customers; employees; network partners; suppliers; communities; influencers; trade, local and national media; as well as government officials (as required).
- Capitalize on the regional communications network across the globe to expand storytelling with customers, partners, media and employees as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- Continually increase coverage in relevant traditional and social media to ensure maximum exposure for Dematic’s product news and industry-leading solutions capabilities.
- Build up an effective and globally connected, state-of-the-art internal and change communications structure closely aligned with the respective group-level measures, interactive dialogue formats and channels to motivate and encourage employees as members of a leading global organization.
- At least 10 years of experience managing corporate communications (comprising external, internal and change communications) efforts in a global corporate structure in the B2B, software or IT industries.
- Deep global sensibilities, including hands-on experience working across multiple international markets. Experience in Europe and corresponding language skills would be ideal.
- Track record building strong relationships, trust and confidence with senior executives, as well as with prominent internal and external influencers and stakeholders, including trade, local and other media.
- Dependable and trust-based relationships with key media representatives and the ability to quickly expand this network into media relevant to the company’s industry focus.
- Experience developing and effectively implementing external, change management and internal communications strategies to build reputation and support functional/operational business objectives and priorities.
- Creative, effective and efficient approach to communications, including a demonstrated ability to tell corporate stories in a compelling, visual manner to customers as well as internal and external audiences and media.
- At least five years of proven leadership and people-development skills, including oversight of high-performing global teams.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cross-culturally with cross-functional and global team within and across operating units. Demonstrated success operating in a large, complex global organization.
- To apply, please click here.