GCI Health is one of the most highly recognized global integrated healthcare communications agencies in the world, with recent industry honors including 2019 Medical, Marketing & Media (MM&M) Midsize Agency of the Year, The Holmes Report North American Healthcare Agency of the Year and several Global Best Place to Work For awards. The agency’s client roster spans broadly across all sectors in healthcare, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology, consumer health, provider groups (hospitals and managed care), health IT, beauty and aesthetics and nonprofit. GCI Health offers clients an accessible senior-level leadership team, a commitment to beating client expectations, and an obsession with anticipating the challenges of an increasingly complex and transforming healthcare communications environment. With a deep focus in multichannel marketing, high science, consumer activation, crisis management, reputation building, patient advocacy and health education, GCI Health’s focus on delivering results is unrelenting.
The GCI Health internship program offers eligible college students the ability to work alongside seasoned professionals in the field, participating in integral pieces of our business. At GCI Health, we are Inspired by People. We share our clients’ desire to improve the health of all people around the world and work tirelessly to contribute to their ambitious goals. Our approach to communications is rooted in looking at all stakeholders – patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, policymakers, reporters and payers – as people with distinct perspectives that shape how they think about health. We create breakthrough, people-driven programs that drive tangible results for our clients and the people they serve. And we carefully curate a culture that is catalyzed by the belief that people should be as successful in their personal lives as they are in their professional ones.
This 10-week, paid program will provide students an invaluable experience where they are able to start building and honing their public relations and creative skills. Hands-on and educational opportunities to develop foundational skills will be an integral part of the program. We are looking for individuals who want to push boundaries, are inspired by helping others and are driven to deliver quality work. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Visit GCIHealth.com for more information about our agency and our people.
- Must be a rising senior currently enrolled in four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Must be based in the New York City/Chicago area for Summer 2020 (locations may change for future programs).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, the willingness to collaborate and learn, a team-focused attitude and an interest in healthcare.
- Submissions should be emailed to GCIHealthInternProgram@gcihealth.com. Please be sure to include your full name and contact information in the body of the email when you submit.
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST
Please provide us with the following information when applying:
- Resume (Upload option)
Preferred Office Location-
- New York City
If selected, are you available for the internship from June 1 through August 14, 2020? (Ideally, you are able to commit to being fully available during this time period.)
Please tell us what inspires you both personally and professionally in a 500-word narrative AND in one of the following forms of expression. Be creative and thoughtful in your response!
- :30-second to 1-minute video
- 2-4 slide PowerPoint deck
- Photo montage or mood board (If you choose to share your story via photo montage or mood board, please incorporate text to ensure your story is clear (e.g., captions, introduction, conclusion, overview of visuals, etc.).