Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your Day to Day:
Purpose of Role/Summary
- Manage internal and hotel communications globally for Marketing and Commercial & Technology business functions.
- Develop communication strategies and implement processes, activities, and programs that result in consistent messages and timely dissemination of information, in order to increase awareness of the organization’s activities and enhance organizational understanding
- Coordinate communication efforts with other groups so that consistent messages are being received by shared audiences such as internal teams and hotels
- Accountable for the writing, design, and development of communications & supporting materials
- Accountable for end-to-end management of communications plans: development, design, writing, to support adoption and awareness for stakeholder groups (internal IHG & Hotel)
- Provide expert counsel on communications best practices, channels and execution
- Serve as key partner to senior leadership and their teams
- Manage communications and content development both within assigned organization, as well as regional and other global business units to ensure a cohesive communications strategy regarding implementation and ongoing structure of the Marketing and Commercial organization and other communications plans
- Manage the coordination and dissemination of global internal communications distribution process for assigned areas (i.e. other functional teams EMEAA, AMER and GC)
- Review and/edit all major communications scheduled before distribution to program owners and employees
- Proactively develop communications bulletins, announcements, news stories, plans or strategies to disseminate key functional initiatives, programs and events to designated groups of employees and hotels to drive adoption, awareness and engagement. Work with management to ensure communication tone and style are consistent
Key Shared Accountabilities
- Global and regional operations/rev man/sales teams
- Regional Corporate Comms Teams
- Global Internal Comms
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in journalism, marketing or other related discipline
Critical Expertise & Experience
- 5+ years of communications experience, preferably with a focus on internal communications
- Corporate and/or agency experience working within a global organization
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and messaging skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking
- Demonstrated effective project management experience in understanding the planning and execution of large-scale projects from conception through implementation and how communications supports these projects
- Proven ability to build confidence and trust with senior executives.
- Excels in creative and innovative approaches to communications programs
- Comms channel, timing, execution with global and regional channels
- Comms plan drafting
- On time delivery of and well-drafted plans
- Rounded view of IHG priorities and how the project ties to them
Travel requirement less than 10%
What we offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/
- To apply for this position, please click here.