Coweta-Fayette EMC, to include its subsidiaries True Natural Gas and Relyco Security Resources, is an equal opportunity employer and is recognized as one of the most progressive electric membership cooperatives serving customers in portions of six counties. Coweta-Fayette EMC offers a competitive wage and benefits package for full-time employees.
As part of our efforts to extend employment opportunities within our recruitment area, we encourage applicants to submit applications that meet the minimum job specifications for the following position: Integrated Communications Coordinator.
The minimum job qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field
- Three years of experience in public relations or communications involving regular interaction with public officials, media, and advocacy groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of digital, print and video production as well as ability to evaluate execution strategy
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Hootsuite, video editing software, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Google Analytics
- Proficient with managing campaigns on multiple social channels such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Proactive, well-organized planner who can work independently or in team settings
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Team player with a can-do attitude that thrives on collaboration and contribution
- Proficient in AP Style
Effectively and accurately performs the following functions:
- Plan and develop communications designed to maintain reputation and increase awareness with the general public, news media, public officials and other stakeholders of the programs of CFEMC and its subsidiaries.
- Create engaging text, video, photo and design content across CFEMC’s digital and print channels.
- Utilize mobile, budget friendly video shooting and editing apps in fast-paced, on-the-go environment.
- Coordinate production of digital and print internal and external publications including Power Lines, Wired, Enlight, The Grid and other special publications as needed. Draft press releases, letters and emails.
- Research data and industry news and works with management to develop stories for publication.
- Manage, create and curate social media relevant to CFEMC’s goals while monitoring and engaging with users in a manner that protects and promotes CFEMC’s image. Work with Communications and Public Relations Assistant in executing social media strategy.
- Manage promotions and social ad campaigns, respond to online reviews and build the Cooperative’s reputation. Provide analytics measuring level of engagement.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the CFEMC Annual Meeting.
- Actively participate and represent the Cooperative in community, civic, and educational programs, events and projects to promote a favorable public image of the Cooperative.
- Serve as coordinator for the Washington Youth Tour.
- Serve as internal consultant to assist others with speeches, presentations, and other public displays to ensure the quality, accuracy, and tone are appropriate for the target audience.
- Serve as back-up for maintaining and updating the Cooperative’s website.
- Provide input for the annual departmental budget and assist with developing and implementing the department work plan.
- Assist with the creation of various communication plans including but not limited to disaster response, rate changes, capital credits, and crisis management ensuring that information is updated regularly.
- Evaluate, analyze, and recommend public relations and marketing programs to the Vice President of Communications and Public Relations utilizing resources provided through NRECA, Touchstone Energy, and other utility related organizations.
- Stay up-to-date with new media trends and proactively search future media opportunities.
- Coordinate and execute Cooperative communication postings on approved web and social media platforms.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Light work. Involves sitting most of the time; walking, standing, and exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Required to be available and accessible to work irregular hours during emergency situations.
- Requires travel both inside and outside the cooperative’s service territory.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Requires talking, hearing, standing for sustained periods of time, and walking.
- Required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; read and edit extensively; and view a computer terminal.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing.
- Applicants can apply for this position on our website at: https://utility.org/contact-us/job-opportunities/.
Coweta-Fayette EMC is an Equal Opportunity Provider Employer, including disability/vets.