Sycamore Consulting, Inc. (SCI) seeks a Lead Public Information Officer (PIO). The PIO will be dedicated staff for a major regional transportation project and will be primarily located at the field construction office in DeKalb County, GA. The PIO will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the duties of a project-specific public information coordinator (PIC) and ensuring all external and internal communications meets the requirements set forth by the client and project management staff.
About Our Firm:
Incorporated in 1996, Sycamore Consulting, Inc. (SCI) is a dynamic, woman-owned business based in Decatur, GA dedicated to providing high quality stakeholder and public outreach strategies to both government and private clients. We specialize in providing broad-reaching and effective engagement programs for complex transportation and land use projects, utilizing traditional public outreach techniques such as in-person and virtual public forums and workshops as well as grass roots efforts, market research, and social media to reach the public. We work with facilitation, public opinion polling, surveys, focus groups, website development and maintenance, public information campaigns, collateral material development, pop-ups, non-English speaker outreach, and a host of other public involvement tools that support technical planning work.
- Principals/Owners; Project Management Staff
- Assist with the development and implementation of public information and communications plan (PICP)
- Assist with developing content of public information collateral including fact sheets, FAQ’s, website, newsletter, etc. ensuring that all is within specific style guide and expectations.
- Attend external meetings and give support to stakeholder outreach meetings
- Attend public open houses, stakeholder outreach meetings, ground-breakings, ribbon cuttings, and any other public community project events as a project representative
- Oversee and ensure compliance that PIC follows and produces items requested and defined per the contractual agreements and the PICP
- Send PIC tasks through project software and mark-up submittals until the finish product is to client’s approval.
- Ensure accuracy of Traffic Impact Alerts and receive approvals from client
- Attend internal project management meetings and provide any public involvement activity that is upcoming, recap events / meetings that have taken place, and receive direction and approvals on PICP submittals through internal weekly meetings
- Attend internal Public Involvement Task Force Meetings bi-weekly, Progress Meetings bi-weekly, project management meetings bi-weekly
- Proactively provide timely information to project management and staff when requested.
- Ensure accurate monthly reporting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing public information campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computing skills working with MS Office, presentation software, spreadsheets, communication and collaboration tools, project management software, etc.
- Experience as a supervisor or manager
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Desire to work with the public and ability to connect with citizens from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience and success working with government entities; State Department of Transportation experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated interest and experience in transportation/construction projects
Salary will commensurate with experience. SCI offers a comprehensive benefit package including insurance; paid holidays; paid vacation/sick leave; and a retirement program.
Please apply by July 30, 2021, we are looking to hire as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled. Submit your resume and a cover letter detailing any specialized experience you have that would be an asset to our organization to email@example.com.