Newell Brands seeks an experienced, enthusiastic and strategic communications professional with outstanding writing skills to join the Corporate Communications team as a Manager responsible for executive communication, strategic events planning and enterprise communications.
The Manager will be responsible for advising on, drafting and executing communications such as emails, talking points, scripts and presentations, for members of our Leadership Team, including our CEO, CFO and CHRO.
The Manager will serve as a business partner and trusted advisor to our enterprise stakeholders, including Sales, Supply Chain and to our seven operating businesses. In this capacity, the Manager will work closely with stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans, campaigns and communications for organizational changes, leadership changes, transformation initiatives, internal news and announcements and corporate programs that support the company’s priorities and business strategy.
Strategic Event Planning:
Support corporate event planning including building the agendas that align with business priorities, executive communications, talking points and presentations and overall meeting strategy for corporate annual meetings, quarterly meetings, town halls, etc.
- Develop and manage communications for enterprise functions including Sales and Supply Chain.
- Advise Business Units (BU) and provide communications expertise for BU-specific communications, as needed.
- Build strong, trusted partnerships with stakeholders.
- Develop compelling campaigns and write and edit impactful content including, but not limited to, emails, talking points, digital signage copy, PowerPoint, executive messages on social media and internal app posts that inform and educate employees.
- Appropriately convey the voice of executive leaders in written emails, video scripts, talking points, leader toolkits and executive presentations.
- Ensure strategic alignment with corporate narrative and brand standards across communications and event agendas.
- Ensure targeted audiences understand the objectives, supporting rationale, practical effects and business impacts of change and transformation projects.
- Propose and execute a strategy for content development, agenda building and presentations for virtual and in-person corporate events including our quarterly Global Meetings and annual Leadership Summit
- Execute event-related communications directed to leadership
- Collaborate and liaise with enterprise and business partners to drive the strategic agendas and content of each event
- Produce post-event documentation for identified stakeholders and executives
- Partner with Corporate Communications colleagues and ensure harmonization of messaging and standards across internal and external communications initiatives.
- Collaborate with other members of the Corporate Communications team and support where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in journalism, communications or public relations.
- Eight to ten years professional experience in corporate communications or agency role focused on corporate communications and/or executive communications.
- Outstanding business writing, editing and proofreading skills and ability to write in the executive voice.
- Ability to distill complex business concepts, issues and initiatives into clear, concise messages and to write leadership communications in our executives’ voices.
- Strategic thinker, capable of asking the right questions to ensure communications projects meet objectives.
- Excellent professional judgment and accountability, able to navigate complicated, sensitive situations with professionalism and grace.
- High degree of integrity; able to be trusted with highly sensitive, often confidential information.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present to executives and stakeholders with confidence.
- Ability to plan projects strategically and tactically and follow through with excellent execution.
- Comfortable with change; able to be flexible and agile in constantly evolving environment.
- Highly collaborative and willing to pitch in and help where needed.
- Sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary (approx. 5-20% travel in post-pandemic circumstances).
- A writing test is required.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer’s, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands’ beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
- To apply for this position, please click here.