Come join a dynamic team and powerful mission! Both roles are hybrid – two days remote / three from our national office in Midtown Atlanta. BGCA embraces diversity and offers many great benefits, including Summer Fridays!
About Boys and Girls Clubs of America:
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation’s premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
An Inclusive Environment:
Our mission is to provide an inclusive environment for a diverse group of employees, volunteers and Club members, where opportunities and equal access are demonstrated at all levels. As an organization, we embrace and honor diversity, equity and inclusion. When we draw on the wisdom of a diverse workforce we are better able to understand and meet the needs of America’s youth and our Clubs.
Manager, Intranet Communications
The Manager, Intranet Communications will govern the content and grow the user engagement of Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) Extranet and Intranet platforms with the goal of establishing BGCA’s communications technologies as trusted and valued sources of information with Movement audiences.
This role serves as the lead writer, editor and product manager for BGCA’s Movement extranet and SharePoint intranet, owning the day-to-day content management, product governance and user engagement of both platforms and associated apps. This role will work cross functionally across teams, managing an editorial calendar and creating content that engages, empowers and informs Boys & Girls Clubs audiences across the country. The right person will be tech-savvy and have a passion for data, user engagement and governance. They will know how to take charge and lead people, shaping the way an organization communicates and collaborates digitally. In short order, success looks like stakeholders across our Movement coming together on BGCA’s visually compelling and easy to navigate communication platforms to get the latest news, share best practices, find day-to-day support, reference relevant resources for their position, and get inspired about our mission.
The Intranet Communications Manager demonstrates BGCA’s ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and reports to the Senior Director of Internal & Movement Communications.
- Plan, manage and oversee the editorial calendar and content for BGCA.net and the MyBGCA SharePoint.
- Write and/or edit original copy and serve as the content manager the home page, and other high priority / strategic content areas to ensure content is accurate, compelling, actionable and timely.
- Oversee day-to-day coordination with leaders across the organization to write and/or edit original copy for engaging news, features and components with a journalistic mindset.
- Partner with the creative team to oversee the creation of site images and headers.
- Curate, edit and submit content from BGCA.net to BGCA’s email newsletters.
- Oversee Movement-wide communities, forums and collaboration areas, directing to relevant resources, and maintaining order while ensuring our values are reflected in discourse.
- Manage content governance by running weekly content reports, quarterly content audits, and yearly content reviews with content managers and owners to ensure content is accurate and maintained on schedule.
- Ensure all content and images adhere to BGCA’s Style Guide and Brand Guidelines.
- Ensure the ongoing training and onboarding of content managers and contributors.
- Provide internal, cross-functional guidance and support on site functionality and customizations.
- Create special documentation and resources and maintain the content manager resource center.
- Manage user access.
- Maintain the site’s information architecture and the site’s visual branding and design.
- Manage documentation and follow-up of necessary fixes, enhancements and collaborate with our Intranet vendor, IT and partners on development and implementation.
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing and pilots for all launch phases and ongoing for new product features and functionality to ensure intuitive and positive experiences with the end-user in mind.
User Engagement & Analytics
- Oversee adoption, engagement and measurement.
- Develop metrics dashboards and establish KPIs and annual goals.
- Monitor, analyze and share out analytics to understand trends and usage.
- Create plans to gather quantitative and qualitative feedback to inform adoption and engagement strategies, including site analytics data, surveys and advisory groups.
- Collaborate with the communications team on strategies and tactics to drive an increase in users and usage.
- Steward change management techniques to improve and sustain adoption of existing and new tools.
- Identify influencers and provide them tools to scale adoption and engagement in their circles of influence.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Internal & Movement Communications and the Senior Vice President, Marketing & Communications.
- Demonstrate BGCA’s ICARE values, while demonstrating integrity and inclusion at work, each day
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 3-5 years related experience in managing Intranet content and governance.
- Has experience with Interact Software or other intranet / content management platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint.
- No coding skill required.
- Experience managing an intranet, including supporting the communication needs of stakeholders, managing content and content contributors, and owning an editorial calendar. This experience is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team and work toward common goals and is an enthusiastic ambassador for the internal communications team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage relationships and navigate complex situations for resolution that benefits all parties.
- Strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong business acumen; ability to learn the business quickly including related strategic business drivers.
- Understands the big picture and can align a company extranet / intranet so employees know and feel connected to an organization’s strategy, values, priorities and culture.
- Physical requirements include: sight, hearing, sitting for four-plus hours a day, walking, or by other means, traveling throughout BGCA building to meet with staff and management or deliver materials; standing, stooping; and skills essential for successful communication, including speaking, writing and reading comprehension.
- Ability to exchange ideas, facts and/or design concerns clearly and concisely with co-workers, other BGCA staff and vendors either directly or indirectly.
- Ability to demonstrate judgment and execute sound decisions.
- To apply, please click here.
Senior Writer and Editor
Under the supervision of the National Director, Internal & Movement Communications, the Senior Writer/Editor will research, write, edit and proofread a wide range of editorial materials, including email communications, email newsletters, impact and annual reports, conference materials, event programs, intranet/extranet articles, leadership communications, marketing collateral, video scripts and correspondence. This position will develop story ideas through contacts with national and local Club staff, conduct interviews and compile research for various publications. In addition, the Senior Writer/Editor will write, edit and proofread documents for creative services requests submitted by other departments.
The Boys & Girls Clubs Movement encompasses the Boys & Girls Clubs of America national organization and more than 1,100 independently run 501(c)(3) organizations. In a typical year, Boys & Girls Clubs serve 4.3 million young people – 2 million through membership and 2.3 million through community outreach – in more than 4,700 Club facilities.
- Work closely with the National Director, Internal & Movement Communications and other Marketing & Communications staff members to produce communications materials and collateral that inform and assist Clubs and generate awareness, trust and support for the Boys & Girls Club mission.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, its mission, values, strategic goals, data/statistics, programs and style guide to both develop and proofread BGCA communications and collateral.
- Lead the writing and project management of Internal & Movement Communication newsletters and the editing/proofreading of emails and newsletters from other BGCA departments.
- Support the on-time proofreading and fact checking of content, printed materials and collateral project requests submitted by BGCA departments to Creative Services, including impact and annual reports.
- Support the successful execution of promotional materials, programs and scripts for BGCA’s National & Regional Conferences (NE, MW, SE, SW, Pacific), Native Service Summit and other Special Events.
- Ghost-write select BGCA President/CEO and Senior Leadership Team communications to staff, Clubs and volunteers.
- Write articles for the Club-facing extranet, BGCA.net, and proofread other articles upon request.
- Adapt writing style based on the needs of the audience (national staff, Club CEOs, Club staff).
- Ensure consistent messaging in all written materials.
- Maintain a consistently high standard for all written documents, adhering to BGCA and AP style, to ensure quality.
- Project manage a variety of assignments and deadlines and perform special projects or assignments as required by National Director, Internal & Movement Communications or Senior Vice President, Marketing & Communications.
- Foster positive relationships with team members and demonstrate BGCA mission-driven iCARE values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
- No direct Reports. May monitor and coordinate the work of temporary employees and student interns.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field education/experience equivalency.
- Minimum seven to ten years of professional writing/editing experience. Experience producing materials for cause-related organizations a plus.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely; edit copy for clarity and grammatical accuracy; set and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong Microsoft Word, OneDrive and Adobe Acrobat Pro skills.
- Commitment to publishing accurate, interesting and quality content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Must be extremely detail oriented. Must possess excellent reasoning and problem-solving abilities. Must demonstrate ability to interact and communicate (both verbally and in written communications) with co-workers, Club staff and the general public. Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time at high levels of activity and manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- To apply for this position, please click here.