We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial-minded B2B communications/PR professional who is well-versed on the ins and outs of the agency environment. This person will have deep experience with business-to-business as the position will work with clients in cryptocurrency, VR/AR, technology, HR/staffing, and renewable energy and utilities.
At Full Tilt, we are dedicated to workplace practices that support both work and personal needs and the alignment between the two. We are based in Historic Roswell and, as a team, love to enjoy all the area offers (when we get back to working in person). Our client partners include an interesting and eclectic mix of industries, company sizes, and locations – one of the true benefits of an agency environment.
This position is client facing and the person who joins us will be an active participant in the day-to-day operations of our firm. He or she needs to be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, enjoy participating actively in every step of the process, work within determined timelines, and collaborate with a group of smart, fun, and creative colleagues.
- Participate in the development of program strategies and plans for clients, including researching current trends in client industries to keep ideas and content fresh and relevant. Contribute creative campaign ideas and write bylined articles, blog posts, social media content, email marketing, and other appropriate communication.
- Strategize on media stories that meet different editorial interests and align with client goals. Work with our director of media relations on pitching media and interview logistics; respond to requests for information from the media in a timely manner.
- Lead the development of press releases, media advisories, and other media and external-facing materials. Establish, nurture, and maintain relationships with target journalists in our clients’ industries.
- Proactively help lead and stay informed on day-to-day account logistics and participate in and document discussions during client meetings and conference calls. Prepare account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals and other client communications and correspondence.
- Work with the team to develop client reports of activities and results that demonstrate the progress of the external communications program in an easy-to-digest format.
- Have ownership of client media coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, and some media relations support. Work with our interns to teach these processes and then manage their output related to these functions.
- Build knowledge base of client and industry experience to identify opportunities for further promoting those businesses.
- Continually learn different aspects of marketing and communications disciplines. Work with your supervisor and the firm’s president to regularly identify your professional development goals and outcomes.
- Work with others at the firm to market the expertise and services of Full Tilt; participation in this will be further defined.
- Excellent at business writing and proofreading according to AP Style.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proven success designing and executing B2B marketing communications strategies and campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet brand objectives.
- Ability to craft stories and releases that get interest and secure media coverage with print and online media.
- Affinity for technical or specialized subject matter and ability to interview subject matter experts to create bylined content.
- Ability to pitch to various media outlets including trade media and business press.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, tenacious, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience & Education
- 5-7 years of relevant communications experience, preferably at a marketing/public relations agency
- Excellent business writing proficiency and experience in successfully pitching media – business and trade press in particular
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or related fields
- To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: PR Manager Candidate. Include your resume, LinkedIn profile link, two writing samples and cover letter that specifically shares why you would be a great fit for Full Tilt.
You can learn more about us at FullTiltConsulting.com and any of our social media channels.