The Communications Department is a fast-growing group of dedicated and passionate communications professionals who work to tell Gwinnett County Government’s story to the nearly one million residents who call this vibrantly connected community home.
Drawing on our strong brand and using video, web, graphic design, social media, email newsletters, and other media platforms, we support the PR, marketing, and advertising needs of the County’s departments and elected officials. Creative and detail-oriented applicants will find a dynamic, supportive environment within Communications.
The Marketing Analytics Manager works in a fast-paced environment, leading the effort to determine the effectiveness of Gwinnett County’s marketing and communications programs, strategies, and return on investment. The manager plays a key role developing key performance indicators, collecting and analyzing data, reporting on campaign success and return on investment, and providing actionable insights to improve performance. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with strong communication skills and the savvy to convert findings into compelling presentations and recommendations.
The grade for this position is 104.
- Measures effectiveness of marketing/communications programs, strategies, and return on investment
- Benchmarks performance across all communications channels and advises on key performance indicators based on performance analysis
- Converts complex data findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Produces meaningful marketing key performance indicators dashboards and delivers monthly cross-channel performance reports
- Reports on key metrics, analyzes and interprets trends, and provides actionable insights to address department/organization goals
- Provides guidance on measurement and goals for other teams across the organization
- Develops conversion optimization strategies with the aim of improving efficiencies and effectiveness and increasing return on investment for marketing communications
- Analyzes user data using analytical software and evaluates online user behavior, conversion data, customer journeys, funnel analysis, and multi-channel attribution to provide insights and recommendations for further enhancements to the audience experience
- Provides ongoing data mining and analysis to uncover opportunities to inform marketing/communications
- Recommends targeted communications and marketing campaign actions that drive results and meet the organization’s goals
- Oversees market research studies to understand customer behavior
- Keeps a pulse on market trends and best practices
- Performs additional duties as assigned and works extended hours, including weekends and evenings, as needed to support the Communications Department’s programs and services
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital marketing, data science, business administration, public administration, or a related field
- Five years of marketing/communications analytics experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Proficiency in data visualization, presentation development, and delivery
- Skilled at reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience conducting research through search engines, web analytics, and business research tools such as Google Analytics and using data collection methods such as polls, focus groups, and surveys
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Organized individual who can manage and execute multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement processes and procedures
- Knowledge of management principles, applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- An exceptionally creative communicator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible, open-minded, willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities, able to manage multiple demands, and skilled in time management
- Someone who enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally
- For more information and to apply, please click here.