A Little About US:
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
Although you’ll see requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
All TNC staff based in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. TNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason will be considered.
Your Position With TNC:
We believe in marketing and communications as a conservation tool integral to the success of our efforts, and the Marketing and Communications Manager position is designed to do just that. An essential function within TNC Georgia, this position calls for an experienced, well-rounded marketing and communications professional with the ability to translate science and conservation into approachable and engaging narratives that can be adapted to suit multiple media, including earned media, social media, digital and donor communications.
The Marketing and Communications Manager plans and executes a strategic approach to engaging TNC’s diverse audiences, increasing our mindshare in Georgia’s media markets, fostering support from our members and donors, and supporting the efforts of our conservation, development and government relations teams in the state and beyond.
This role requires a strong understanding of Georgia’s media markets, a proven ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, a willingness to be immersed in TNC’s conservation priorities and a balance of creative and strategic thinking. The Marketing and Communications Manager is part of a national network of professionals and a regional group of communicators, but as the sole marketing and communications representative in Georgia, needs to be a self-sufficient self-starter capable of planning and implementing strategies developed with TNC leadership and the support and direction of her/his supervisor.
Preferred location is Atlanta, Georgia, but other locations within the state will be considered.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is an integral contributor to The Nature Conservancy’s national marketing division and the primary driver of Georgia’s marketing and communications. S/he develops and implements comprehensive communications plans in multiple markets that cross owned (newsletters, web, social) and earned media channels, with the ability to contribute substantively to experiential marketing efforts such as in-person and virtual events. They are a strong writer, and helps develop speeches, key messages, articles and talking points, as needed. S/he researches, writes and distributes a wide variety of communication materials including but not limited to: op-eds, news releases, fact sheets, web articles, social media posts, newsletters, and blog posts.
The Marketing and Communications Manager develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners essential to the coordination, development and delivery of content and strategies.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Develop and execute comprehensive and connected marketing and communications plans
- Work closely with TNC leadership and conservation, policy and development teams to build and implement tactics that further department and organization goals
- Monitor, assess and leverage marketing and communications opportunities proactively
- Work with conservation staff to identify field opportunities relevant to marketing and communications efforts
- Write and edit original content for diverse audiences across multiple platforms
- Manage and develop TNC social media channels and following, including growth strategy and daily posting schedule
- Build and maintain relationships with top media outlets in key markets across the state
- Plan and implement earned media strategy to actively increase TNC’s mindshare and thought leadership
- Advise TNC leadership on potential brand and marketing partnership opportunities to increase the organization’s visibility with target audiences
- Manage marketing and communications budget, evaluate results and develop recommendations for corrective strategies as needed
- Identify, contract, and manage professional, freelance and/or administrative staff
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and objectives
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience developing media relations networks
- Experience implementing and measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies
- Experience utilizing social media platforms to achieve audience engagement goals
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices
- Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline
- Experience leading or managing projects
- Experience planning and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience in cultivating and utilizing media relations for earned media placement
- Familiarity with, and understanding of, Georgia’s organization and media landscape
- To apply for job ID 50624, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/
. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Requ