Ascend Elements is a fast-growing startup organization that is revolutionizing the production of lithium-ion battery materials for electric vehicles. Recognized as a climate technology leader, the company elevates the value of recycled elements and engineers sustainable battery materials to support the global clean-energy transition. The company’s patented Hydro-to-Cathode™ direct precursor synthesis technology produces new cathode materials from spent lithium-ion batteries more efficiently than traditional methods, resulting in reduced cost, improved performance, and lower carbon emissions. Ascend Elements is taking sustainability in the lithium-ion battery industry to a higher level.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, team-oriented marketing and communications professional to serve as a Marketing Communications Associate. In this role, you will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications and will coordinate and support various marketing and communications initiatives that drive brand awareness and trust, industry thought leadership, and commercial business development.
The Marketing Communications Associate must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel. WordPress content management experience is a plus. The candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal, multitasking and project-management skills. PR or marketing writing experience and samples are requested. Selected candidate will be a bright, motivated self-starter who is proactive and detail oriented. This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, fast-paced startup in the rapidly growing electric vehicle (lithium-ion) battery materials industry. This is a full-time role based in Westborough, Mass. or Covington, Ga. with a hybrid work schedule.
- Conference coordination: Coordinate company participation in trade shows, workshops and conferences.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate wide variety of marketing and communication projects with external vendors, including graphic design, photography, and site signage/branding requests.
- Special Events: Plan and coordinate special events, including grand openings, groundbreakings and all-employee meetings.
- Website: Write web copy and use WordPress content management system update corporate website; assist in SEO activities.
- Writing: Develop content for various media channels, including email marketing, web content, social media and employee newsletters.
- Social media: Content planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting in support of corporate LinkedIn and Twitter channels (in collaboration with Director of Marketing & Communications).
- Marketing and PR analytics/reports: Create weekly and monthly marketing and communications performance reports using Cision, Google Analytics and Constant Contact.
- PowerPoint Support: Provide support in developing presentation decks and updating PPT slides
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Experience in digital marketing communications or public relations.
- Passion for content marketing, public relations, writing, branding and digital analytics.
- Experience managing projects, special events and tradeshows.
- Desire to work collaboratively and continuously improve and learn.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Analytics, Cision and WordPress.
- Basic graphic design skills useful.
- Technical or scientific writing/communication background a plus.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Capable of wearing task specific personal protective equipment including dust mask, respirator, safety shoes, gloves, and safety glasses/face shield
- Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines: < 50lbs
- While performing the duties of this job it is required to stand, walk, and use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch when necessary for job activity.