This paid internship is designed for current undergraduate students or recent college graduates. Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising and Marketing fields preferred. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication and proofreading skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of business protocol; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and be able to prioritize while completing multiple assignments.
The Marketing & Communications Intern plays a supportive role to Atlanta RMHC’s donor engagement and storytelling initiatives and reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Intern assists with the development and execution of Atlanta RMHC marketing and communications plans including, but not limited to website, social media, writing blog posts, research and analysis; drafts internal and external communications to donors; and completes other administrative duties as assigned. Minimum of 20-weeks at 25 hours a week is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the social media content calendar by drafting engaging, compelling content and customizing messages across platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Brainstorm with marketing team for content, images and videos.
- Research and monitor other RMHC Chapters to identify trends and opportunities for growth across channels.
- Measure and track social media activity including growth of followers, engagement and reach; help identify areas for improvement.
- Support the blog content calendar by identifying content, drafting powerful and effective posts and promoting posts across social platforms.
- Interview families, donors and staff for feature spotlight articles which will be featured on armhc.org and may be featured in grant proposals, email and direct mail appeals.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Director with coordinating logistics for BMW raffle promotional events and other admin duties.
- Update donor lists, media lists, create fact sheets, photo captions, bios, PSA copy, brochures, newsletter articles or other collateral and documents deemed necessary for the successful completion of Atlanta RMHC communications objectives.
- Assist with filing, copying, mailing and other administrative tasks.
- Internet research and news monitoring.
- Promote goodwill inside and outside of the Charity by representing Atlanta RMHC in a professional manner with a positive, cheerful, can-do attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills are required with video and graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite and iMovie) are preferred.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs and functions.
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- * Creative * Self-motivated * Proactive * Detail oriented * Resourceful
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush job, or technological developments).
- To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and one (1) letter of recommendation from a college professor/employer to email@example.com. Applications should be submitted no later than Monday, August 22.