Gwinnett County Government is seeking an experienced public relations specialist with a broad working knowledge of broadcast and print journalism and skills in establishing controlled media messaging and a positive image for an organization. The Media Relations Manager will serve as the primary liaison between the media and the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners and the departments and agencies that fall under the Board’s authority. The Media Relations Manager will work in the Communications Division and will report to the Communications Director. The Media Relations Manager will have direct working relationships with commissioners, senior management and other elected officials.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and effective enterprise media relations strategy.
- Measures the success of media relations programs and tactics.
- Facilitates ongoing media relations training for the Chairwoman, District Commissioners, County management and other County employees as needed. Provides guidance on media relations strategies and tactics for a variety of complex issues, public perception and emerging concerns.
- Organizes and facilitates media events, press conferences and related special events to include press releases and other formats of effective information dissemination.
- Establishes and maintains favorable relations with the media and internal information sources.
- May serves as a spokesperson for the County and independently respond to news media requests for information and interviews.
- Assists with general County external and internal communications initiatives.
- To apply for this position, please click here. As an attachment to the application, please upload three samples of news releases that you have written. One of the samples may include talking points you prepared for an interview or press conference.