As an Atlanta or Nashville-based account executive in the Public Relations and Public Affairs group, the account executive is responsible for leading the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives on behalf of their clients; each account executive may represent 4-5 different client accounts. This position will be heavily focused on automotive accounts, but the agency prides itself on its diverse client base and the account executive also should be prepared to represent clients from various business sectors.
The account executive should demonstrate proficiency in the skills necessary to be a leading member of the team including media relations, writing, researching, work product measurement and reporting, idea generation, strategic thinking and tactical deployment of ideas. Account executives should be self-starters capable of day-to-day management of their accounts, with access to agency leaders for guidance. This role will act as a primary point of contact with clients and will assist senior team members (dependent on account size and structure) in managing relationships and outreach to media outlets.
The Account Executive is expected to perform a variety of duties for multiple clients, including but not limited to:
- Consistently generate strong media coverage that achieves client goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters in relevant markets and industries.
- Lead planning and execution of client events including press conferences, community meetings, FAM tours and more. (Includes preparing client speaking opportunities, developing advisories/releases/media pitches, coordinating logistics, pitching media).
- Produce compelling documents and communications that require minimal editing.
- Serve as an agency champion through identification of new business prospects and opportunities for cross-departmental integration.
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with automotive industry clients and strong media relationships in the automotive industry.
- Creative, results-oriented, driven professional who works well independently as well as with colleagues in both media relations and other agency disciplines. The Dalton Agency is a fully integrated firm that brings together team members from its various offices to work together to support their clients’ needs.
- Exceptional media relations skills with proven results.
- High-level writing skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and produce results.
- Ability to efficiently manage workloads.
- Interest in clients, accounts and agency.
- Three to five years experience public relations, public affairs or related field with solid media relations background.
- Bachelors Degree in public relations, journalism or a related field.