Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently with with nearly 700 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
Where You’ll Work:
Marketing, Communications, Public Affairs Department
About the Role:
As the Public Relations Manager you will support media relations and other PR functions for the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Additionally, you will work closely with the Director of Communications and our PR Firm to implement our PR strategy and collaborate with fellow communicators, marketers, designers, and Organizational leadership.
What You Will Do :
- Partner with Food Bank team members to brainstorm and pitch stories to media partners.
- Create and maintain media lists. Monitor and track media coverage with assistance from our PR Firm.
- Collaborate with our PR Firm to write, edit, review, and correct format, logic and grammar for positive media exposure of project reports, policy briefings, plans and events.
- Act as our on-site PR support for all external visitors including media, volunteers, donors and partners
- Coordinate statements, interviews and media training for Food Bank senior leadership, including the CEO, and staff.
- Assist with content creation for PR stories.
- Establishes new relationships with local media – including TV, Radio, Print and Digital Reporters and Influencers
- Maintains and grows legacy relationships with local and national media partners
- Maintains database of reporters and contacts for annual media engagement events such as Thanksgiving Dish events
- Assists in the preparation, planning and execution of all media partnership events – including all external collaborations held at the Food Bank & Marketing/Public Affairs events
- Serves as greeter and day of management for all external video/media event/relations for all visiting volunteer groups at the Food Bank
- Provides support and serves as brand ambassador for all external requests for information, logo support and event support
- Serves as resource to the community by managing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collaborates with the PR firm on the execution of the overall PR strategy
- Collaborates with firm on all media coverage reports and presentations of analytics
- Collaborates on content, circulates for review and subsequently posts all press releases
- Creates and maintains PR Pitch and Subject Matter Calendar for planning and optimal execution
- Supports maintenance of the Crisis Communication Plan for the Food Bank
- Guides media training as necessary
- Serves as spokesperson if necessary
- Coordinates and executes local PR stunts such as media drops and special projects
- Researches programming, events, and happenings at the Food Bank for stories to pitch for news coverage
- Maintains PR page on Food Bank website, posting latest press releases and major news
coverage as appropriate
- Maintains awards application and pitch databases, leads awards applications, and tracks
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing or some related field or equivalent,
- Must have 2-4 years of relevant work experience
Even Better if You Have
- Microsoft Office expertise, including powerpoint, word, and excel
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Media tracking platform (e.g. Meltwater and TVeyes)
And You’ll Love this Position if:
- You are by nature – a quick learner, detail oriented and have super organizational skills;
- You enjoy collaborating with a team to come up with creative ideas and seeing the results of your plans while working in a fun team environment
- You are self-motivated and work well both independently and within a team environment
- You have the ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
- You have the ability to interpret requests and turn them into viable design solutions to achieve business goals
- You have the willingness to dive head-first into research and learn industry terms / markets quickly
There may be some Physical Demands and Travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are committed to providing employees with an environment of mutual respect in which the values of Diversity, Safety, Continuous Improvement, and Hard Work are supported and encouraged. We work diligently to engender fairness, responsibility, trustworthiness and teamwork to advance our mission: To fight hunger by engaging, educating and empowering our community.