International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. With more than 20 million square feet of premium wholesale showroom space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. With the launch of the Juniper™ suite of digital sales and marketing solutions and B2B ecommerce marketplace, IMC now provides the only omnichannel platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce for the industries we serve.
For more information, visit www.imcenters.com. IMC is a Blackstone and Fireside Investments portfolio company.
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for the planning, development and execution of public relations activities for assigned IMC events and corporate activities and coordinates actively with IMC’s brand team to create a create a positive and synergistic communications strategy.
- Recommend spending and adhere to Marketing budgets related to market-specific PR activities, such as Press Center, Photography, Media monitoring, Media hosting.
- Working with the Director, develop short, mid and long term strategic goals for Public Relations and develop tactical plan and calendar to support goals
- Proactively build relationships with media to increase exposure for IMC, its markets and market centers among universe of relevant industry and consumer media, serving as a knowledgeable and reliable resource of information
- Actively pursue editorial visibility in trade and targeted consumer press; Generate materials (media alerts, Q&A responses, thought leadership articles, calendar listings, fact sheets, photography, etc.) needed to fulfill editorial needs; Pitch stories and secure and facilitate editorial commitments
- Secure market previews with trade publications; and distribute information about editorial opportunities to exhibitors; solicit participation from select exhibitors; track and share results; develop coverage benchmarks
- Maintain and update Media list via ongoing research and database updates of contacts; develop target media lists outside of core trade media (secondary/tertiary trades; relevant consumer outlets; relevant bloggers)
- Act as day-to-day press point of contact for company; Field press inquiries related to market registration and attendance; Respond to media requests for information and photography; Tailor marketing content for media distribution
- Write press releases per calendar and manage the approval and distribution process from start to finish working with internal team to deploy and post on-time
- Track, monitor and evaluate placements, news & information and produce monthly coverage reports
- Support IMC tenants / exhibitors with public relations efforts
- Identify opportunities to promote a positive image for the Organization in its respective business and local communities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or other communications field
- 2-4 years related experience
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent press writing capabilities, and other forms of copywriting
- Position location is in Atlanta with travel to IMC and competitive markets required
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PR software a plus.
- Knowledge of the gift, home furnishings, fashion or trade show industries a plus.
- Must be able to move in and around buildings
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Energy, drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- Actively participates in creating and maintaining a work environment and culture that fosters team spirit high with a focus on the achievement of growth and profit objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work closely with team at all levels within the organization
- Sensitivity to the business practices, rules and regulations, effective business tactics, and cultural norms of the environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal staff, business partners, customers, and the local community
- Upbeat and positive attitude, commitment to winning results
- Self-motivation and deadline-driven focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws.
- To apply for this position, please click here.