The PR Specialist plans and executes local market public relations campaigns and media training for franchise partners for the restaurant brands, McAlister’s Deli, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Schlotzsky’s. This position also helps to execute key integrated communications initiatives, projects and activities that grow, promote, and elevate the restaurant brands.
Public Relations Activities and Support:
- Create a brand grand opening process to execute targeted media relations in local markets (broadcast, print, online).
- Develop a local media toolkit and collaborate with field teams to uncover stories to increase brand awareness at the local level (sponsorships, promotions, cause marketing, etc.)
- Identify brand spokespeople at the local level to drive brand key messages; find media opportunities to tell their stories.
- Conduct media training with all local level brand spokespeople in advance of media opportunities.
- Manage media trackers for each brand by updating all results secured locally.
- Manage restaurant brands online press offices by keeping content up to date, creating image libraries and posting press releases.
- Compose bios for brand spokespeople and manage executive headshot sessions.
- Work with PR Newswire on any press release postings.
- Assist with national PR campaign execution as needed by creating press materials, media lists, pitching and event management.
- Helps to execute major communications and strategic communications initiatives.
Vendor, Internal, and External Relationships:
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with associates, vendors, agencies, media, stakeholders, franchise partners, and industry professionals which fosters an environment for mutual respect, understanding, and support.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to provide consultation on communications, PR, and related topics.
- Interfaces with industry, media, and professional organizations to increase awareness of the brand/organization, to expand networking opportunities, and to remain knowledgeable of communications and PR strategies.
- Researches industry communications and public relations trends and best practices to assess the organization’s performance.
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Manages and grows relationships with media, key influencers, and industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public relations, communications, journalism, business, marketing, advertising, or other related field of study required
- Advanced Degree in Public Relations preferred
- 2 to 4 years experience in media/public relations and communications required
- Experience in retail, restaurant, food, or beverage experience preferred
- To apply for this position, please click here.