Emory University’s Department of Medicine is hiring a Senior Marketing Manager. This position leads all of the marketing and communications activities for the Department of Medicine, the largest department at Emory University with more than 800 faculty, 500 staff, and 300 trainees. This role is the perfect opportunity for a professional looking to lead communications and marketing activities for a leading academic institution.
- Markets programs and/or services to the department’s internal and external target audiences.
- Provides leadership toward branding, brand management, and marketing/communications strategy development for various departmental initiatives.
- Conducts marketing research and identifies new opportunities for growth and development.
- Identifies, develops, and retains relationships or partnerships with key entities to further the department’s objectives.
- Oversees the department’s annual communications budget and tracks financial progress and identifies new methods of reaching revenue/budgetary goals.
- Compiles and analyzes various forms of data to develop reports, track progress, and identify new growth opportunities.
- Develops programs, special events, program materials, proposals, press releases, marketing kits, and other communication materials that support the department’s goals and broaden exposure and promote the department’s image/brand.
- Provides leadership in the design/development web-based communications; may manage various aspects of social media activities.
- Will supervise a Communications Specialist.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or other related field.
- Five years of relevant work experience which includes program development, the development of effective customer relationships, or public relations/institutional advancement experience.
- Project management or event planning experience.
- Position tasks are generally performed remotely, but may require in-person work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
- To apply, please click here.