Reporting to the Sr. Director of Foundation Communications, the Social Media Strategist will design and execute social media strategies that combine the reach of social platforms, deep audience segmentation, and a strong and ongoing integration of content and targeting for all the Blank Foundation programs including, but not limited to, AMB West Philanthropies, Associate-led Giving Committees, Youth Development Programs, Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund, and discretionary grants with the end goal of advancing the Foundation’s programmatic outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and manage strategy, storytelling, and craftsmanship in all media spaces, but with a passion for content, digital and social. This will include long and short-form video, digital experiences, social media execution and emerging channels
- Analyze available insights and define overall social strategy in terms of distribution and amplification. This may include competitive analysis
- Drive awareness of the Blank Foundation, its programs, and grantees via all social media platforms.
- Collaborate with the for-profit businesses in the Blank Family of Businesses portfolio to drive awareness of all philanthropic efforts.
- Understand/leverage recent developments in social platforms’ targeting capabilities to provide an opportunity for the Blank Foundation and grantees to connect with all relevant audiences
- Design strategies and architectures that focus on the amplification of content (on relevant social channels – both paid and organic) to the right audiences to achieve specific program results
- Lead and execute social/content creation/digital strategies
- Translate Foundation objectives into social media objectives driving ROI
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams, video specialist, and external Foundation grantees to drive collaborative storytelling that leads to program results
- Create and manage relationships with community partners and relevant influencers to expand reach and bring additional voices/knowledge/perspective to our storytelling and knowledge sharing
- Four (4) to six (6) years of professional experience in social marketing, with proven examples of strategies developed for brands in the social media space
- Expert understanding of social media and established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape
- Passionate about the ever evolving digital/social media environment with an agile POV to share
- Excellent verbal, writing and presenting skills
- Proficient at development of social media strategy and development of monthly content calendars for a multitude of both consumer facing and business facing clients
- Strong understanding of analytics, with the ability to generate quarterly reports to present metrics to stakeholders and foundation leaders based on various strategies implemented in social media, both organic and paid
- Strong content writing for social media with the ability to identify target audiences and create content that appeals to those profiles based on foundation goals and objectives
- Be a contributing member to a team that believes in embodying and enriching the spirit of giving back displayed by Mr. Arthur Blank and his family
- Self-motivated, with the ability and confidence to bring new ideas to the table
- Creative, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, strategic thinker, collaborative and would enjoy an entrepreneurial environment
- Writing and editing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Paid social media experience
- Passion for giving back both personally and professionally
About The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation:
A renowned entrepreneur and co-founder of The Home Depot, Arthur M. Blank is now recognized for his values-based Blank Family of Businesses and as one of America’s leading philanthropists through The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation. All of his industry-leading businesses and the Blank Family Foundation operate on six core values: Put People First, Listen and Respond, Include Everyone, Innovate Continuously, Lead by Example, Give Back to Others.
After 25 years and more than $800 million in giving as of July 2021, the Blank Family Foundation has committed to significantly escalating the impact of its philanthropy over the next 10+ years. This milestone coincides with deeper participation among the next generation of Blank family members on the board and in advisory capacities, partnering around their shared core beliefs, including the Jewish value of tikkun olam (“heal and repair the world”), and seeking a fuller realization of American ideals.
The Board is embarking on a journey of deeper learning and strategy setting for its new collective areas of giving, which include: Youth Development, with a focus on workforce development and economic mobility; Democracy, with a focus on key areas of Voting Rights, and Journalism; and Environment, with a focus on key areas of Conservation and Climate Resiliency. Across these portfolios, the Blank Family Foundation will look for opportunities to address the growing crisis of disconnection in our nation.
Geographically, much of the work will continue to prioritize Georgia (with a focus on Atlanta) and Montana, while also considering the potential for greater national impact and influence.
In addition to the collective areas of giving, the Blank Family Foundation will continue to oversee a large portfolio of Founder-led initiatives and guide the eight Associate-led giving committees operating across the Blank Family of Businesses.
- To apply, please click here.