We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Brand Communications will develop, implement and measure external communications programs to promote the SWM International brand story, connect with customers in the marketplace, drive employer of choice messaging, and protect the brand. Areas of responsibility will span brand communications, marketing communications, social media, digital marketing and content creation for the company.
- Ensure that all external communications are aligned with the SWM brand program, in partnership with business communications teams.
- Create and implement the company’s external communications editorial calendar, using all available channels, in support of the SWM brand story and business goals.
- Proactively manage and direct the SWM external website, including acting as the day-to-day point of contact for external web agency. Duties include strategic positioning, blog content generation, design, and SEO. Collaborate with business unit marketing communications teams to ensure the site supports cross-business goals. Manage internal and external resources to generate and post content.
- Develop the company’s social media strategy and work collaboratively across the business to execute the strategy. Manage all corporate social media accounts, and all social media and external communications tools and resources. Coordinate closely with and provide guidance to business and regional colleagues on social media activities.
- Create compelling contemporary content, collateral and events to engage customers, including customer storytelling, video testimonials, podcasts, infographics, virtual reality, infographics and interactive content.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy for the organization, in collaboration with business leaders, to include digital properties landscape, domain name ownership and usage, linking strategies, resource and tool sharing.
- Establish a digital marketing community of practice for all SWM marketers involved in running or supporting one or more digital properties. With this group, establish key metrics and digital goals, and provide updated reporting to company leaders to demonstrate progress.
- Create and execute digital marketing campaigns in support of company goals.
- Actively track industry trends for digital communications and suggest ongoing improvements to existing programs and practices to reflect the latest practices and preferences.
- Work with senior leaders to establish thought leadership areas of influence and incorporate activities into the editorial calendar in support of key business needs and goals.
- Proactively manage the company’s public relations plans and activities in collaboration with business communicators, including identifying press release and story opportunities, and establishing a regular rhythm of releases to support business goals and elevate the company’s profile.
- Work with design and production agencies (print and web) as needed, including translation and validation with designated resources
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business/English/Communications or an applicable field is required. 8-10 years of relevant experience in developing and executing brand, external and/or digital communications strategies and programs in a large organization is required. Experience directing web and marketing agencies is required. Experience working directly with senior leaders is preferred. Experience in a global manufacturing company is preferred.
- Strong business and digital marketing acumen
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences and channels
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into language easily understood by non-specialists
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of individuals and groups from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Knowledgeable in web design, graphic design, social media, and video creation
- Experience with Sharepoint, Google Analytics, Umbraco, WordPress, Poppulo, SurveyMonkey and other communications tools
- Strong abilities with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint
- Strong time management, prioritization, and problem-solving capabilities
- Highly creative, able to think “outside the box”
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and external communications and digital strategies
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- To apply, please click here.