About the Job:
Zeno is seeking a flexible, strategic, and high-energy communications professional at the Vice President level to strengthen our growing Employee Engagement offering within the Corporate Affairs practice. As part of our dynamic team, you will develop and execute internal communications, employer brand, employee engagement and change management programs for our clients.
Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve client challenges, execute strategic programs, and lead junior staff are essential elements of the role—as is contributing to the growth of the practice. In turn, as a Vice President at Zeno, you will be exposed to a variety of disciplines within the agency and be involved in several large, integrated client programs and campaigns.
As a Vice President, you will provide sound counsel and recommendations to clients, collaborate within the team, and drive results across traditional and emerging employee communications. You will find opportunities to leverage communications channels and efforts—including social and digital; executive visibility; thought leadership; employee ambassador programs; employer brand/employee value proposition work; and recruitment marketing—to improve and advance the employee experience thoughtfully and strategically.
You will be responsible for leading projects, managing staff, ensuring quality, overseeing budgets, and having a comprehensive understanding of your accounts—their business, employee groups, products, markets, and industry.
About the Role:
- Support senior colleagues in management of clients and account teams
- Partners with client on strategic business thinking around key initiatives and helps connect to enterprise strategies
- Oversee development and execution of change management and communications strategies, programs, and tactics for key clients
- Identify changes/trends in the business landscape (relevant to your client) and provide counsel to clients on the impact to their business model, campaign program or internal communications plans
- Develops internal communications plans to meet business objectives and provide targeted, relevant and engaging communications with key audiences, including Audience Planning, Channel Selection and Content Planning.
- Apply or create tools, templates and methodologies that contribute to your clients’ internal communications effectiveness
- Roll up your sleeves to draft client deliverables, such as thought leadership pieces
- Conduct and analyze communications research and provide strategic recommendations
- Collaborate on new business proposals and presentations
- Identify new clients for Zeno and ways to grow business with existing clients
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or an exception required under applicable law
- 9+ years of experience in corporate and employee engagement.
- Has hands-on experience in at least three of the following areas: strategic organizational communications, change management, employer brand, employee engagement (including applications of social media), internal communications, and executive/management communications
- Exceptional writing skills across a wide variety of client deliverables – including communications plans, scripts, talk tracks, and thought leadership pieces
- Experience developing strategic plans and high-level deliverables that are client-ready and thoughtful
- Ability to bring gravitas to the role and can demonstrate experience in working with c-level executives, helping them manage through periods of change or transition
- Experience communicating on behalf of clients/organizations within complex business models, such as those within a franchised model representing owners
- A deep understanding of internal communications tools, technology, and measurement such as Wrike, Firstup and Qualtrics
- Proven success in building relationships and driving results for clients, either in-house or external
- A holistic and integrated approach to communications to ensure the best creative and strategic thinking is brought to client programs and to ensure communications fits into the integrated marketing mix
- Strong presentation skills, with experience working directly with clients or in-house senior leaders, actively participating in client meetings and new business presentations, and being fearless in presenting a point of view in client meetings and team brainstorms
- A collaborative spirit, and are results-driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against tight deadlines
- Experience managing direct reports and being responsible for their career development and growth
- Energy is your middle name, you show initiative, and you operate effectively both independently and within a team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You are committed to continuous learning and improvement of your leadership skills, and you want to set and pursue stretch goals
Pay range: $95,000-$156,000/year USD
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Zeno Group is the fiercely independent and global integrated communications agency, born from PR. We bring together the boldest and brightest talent to help clients across industries and sectors unleash the power of strategic communications. Guided by our ‘Fearless Pursuit of the Unexpected,’ we push the boundaries to achieve real business value and societal impact for clients. Winner of the industry’s most coveted awards including the 2021 PRovoke Global Creative Agency of the Year, 2021 PRovoke North American Agency of the Year and 2021 PRWeek Agency of the Year. We are honored to be a three-time winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. Zeno has also been previously recognized by the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Zeno is a DJE Holdings Company.
About Our Benefits:
Healthy, happy employees make Zeno better, so we have programs that support physical, mental and financial wellness. Our culture and benefits are designed to promote flexibility, celebrate diversity and support work/life balance. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance with prescription plans, as well as short and long-term disability. Our Be Kind to Your Mind program focuses on mental health, providing a paid subscription to Headspace and access to mental health providers and other services through a best-in-class employee assistance program. Employees are encouraged to bring their authentic self to Zeno and participate in our employee resource groups which build communities for sharing and support. And while we love our work, we believe in the restorative power of time off with generous vacation, paid holidays and self-care time. Employees are supported in their pursuit of financial wellness with a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, life insurance and free access to a certified financial coach. And our unique ZenoFit program provides a monthly allowance to fund activities in your personal life that bring you joy and keep you healthy. These and other benefits are available to non-temporary employees in the US.
- To apply for this position, please click here.