What Does a Fantastic Chapter Administrator Do?
The PRSA Georgia Chapter Administrator is responsible for supporting the general operations of the Chapter. Primary responsibilities include communicating with members, supporting the President and Board in fulfilling their responsibilities (including the Chapter financials), facilitating events, updating and maintaining the Chapter website and liaising with PRSA National. The Administrator reports to the President of the Chapter and communicates regularly with leadership in order to meet the goals and objectives of the Chapter.
Setting up for Success
This job description outlines requirements and expectations for a Chapter Administrator to begin Q1 2021. This is a one-year contract position, with an option to renew for a mutually agreed-upon term and following an assessment. Onboarding will include a 30-60-day transition period with the current administrator. The selection team is comprised of 2021 Chapter leaders Elizabeth McMillan, APR, immediate past president; Karen Cole, president; Lisa Tilt, president-elect; Caroline Huston, APR, treasurer; and Angie Champsaur, APR, secretary.
As a Chapter Administrator you will:
Support PRSA Georgia leadership, to include the following services:
- Act as liaison between the Chapter and national headquarters, ensuring all reports and forms required by headquarters are delivered on deadline.
- Coordinate logistics for and host monthly PRSA Georgia Board meetings
- Prepare and present monthly management report, including consuming and distilling timely national topics as well as past and planned Chapter activity and membership statistics
- Assist with annual Board nomination and election process
- Arrange for maintenance of general liability and fiduciary bond insurance policies for directors and officers
- Assist Board with managing project deadlines and deliverables as necessary
- Help manage PRSA Georgia internship program, to include payment of interns on behalf of the chapter
Provide financial management, to include the following services:
- Manage PRSA Georgia’s finances at the direction of the president, treasurer, and Board, maintaining all Chapter financial records using the Chapter’s QuickBooks Online account and other relevant software
- Work with the Chapter’s financial services contractor, as needed, to reconcile bank accounts and provide monthly financial statements, including bank/investment statements and historical comparisons, to PRSA Georgia leadership
- Assist treasurer, committee chairs, president, and Board in preparing annual budget
- Maintain merchant accounts
- Maintain the Chapter’s banking debit card and process electronic payments
- Process check payments; deposit checks and cash; sign checks as authorized by chapter leadership
- Provide authorized reimbursements as needed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all required tax documents are filed on time; retain or maintain the services of a CPA as needed and make tax deposits through EFTPS for 990-T form income, as needed.
- Handle investments as directed by Board
- Assist incoming treasurer with change of banking signature cards and other forms, as needed
- Provide payment or manage electronic payment with financial services contractor to Chapter contractors each month in a timely manner.
Maintain a virtual office and perform administrative services to include, but not limited to:
- Provide a dedicated organizational phone line, voicemail service, and e-mail address (i.e. administrator@PRSAGeorgia.org) for PRSA Georgia
- Respond in timely manner to phone calls and e-mails in the name of PRSA Georgia
- Create and maintain Chapter email alias lists as requested by chapter leadership
- Refer incoming inquiries to the appropriate PRSA Georgia leader, as needed
- Manage PRSA Georgia mail correspondence and shipping/receiving needs
- Maintain and store paper files and historical/archival materials, as well as supplies and other materials, as needed
- Maintain and store shared electronic files on the Chapter’s Google Drive (or similar filesharing service)
- Manage Chapter’s Zoom account
Support chapter membership recruitment, retention and engagement, to include the following services:
- Maintain database of current and former members, including new members, renewals, transfers from other chapters, lapsed members, reinstated members, and changes of job/address/phone/e-mail
- Secure membership-related information from PRSA National as needed
- Provide leadership with monthly membership reports and other lists as requested
- Support PRSA Georgia leadership and Membership, Recruitment and Engagement Committee by processing and welcoming new members, reinstated members, and transfers from other chapters; reaching out to lapsed members; advising on recruitment strategies; and helping to recruit new members
- Support Board and committee chairs with volunteer engagement, including recommending members for committee roles to strengthen the leadership pipeline, etc.
Support PRSA Georgia meetings and events, to include the following services:
- Assist PRSA Georgia leadership and committee chairs with identifying vendors, and negotiating and signing contracts for facilities, catering, etc. for events/meetings, and other services/materials/equipment as needed
- Maintain planning calendar of upcoming Chapter events and Chapter-wide speakers’ database
- Post all events on the Chapter website and ensure that PRSA Georgia events are showcased on the national PRSA website
- Manage online and on-site registration for Chapter events, including collection of payment
- Provide final registration list to event organizer
- Prepare and deliver event materials, including signage, nametags, membership packets, and promotional materials, as needed
- Attend and help staff Chapter-wide events
- Provide complete financial report to event organizer and treasurer following the event
- Serve as primary host on video conferencing technology for Professional Development events
Provide communications support to Chapter, including the following services:
- Manage design, production, and distribution of print and online promotional materials
- Manage and post submissions to PRSA Georgia Career Center
- Update and distribute e-newsletter to members
- Prepare and distribute additional e-mails through Mailchimp (or a similar service) as requested – typically 5 emails per month
- Maintain email lists of non-chapter members
Support Chapter sponsorships program, including the following activities:
- Assist with identifying and soliciting Chapter, event, and awards sponsors
- Prepare invoices, manage accounts payable, and maintain records for Chapter sponsors
- Track and manage sponsor entitlements, including event comps, sponsored mailings, discounts, etc.
- Prepare and distribute e-mails through Mailchimp (or a similar service) on behalf of sponsors, as directed by Board leadership
- Ensure that up-to-date sponsor logos, banner ads, and information are included in Chapter collateral materials, on the PRSA Georgia website, and on signage
- Maintain a current e-mail list of chapter sponsors
Miscellaneous administrative support, to include the following services:
- Participate in scheduled PRSA National calls as required
- Compile and maintain chapter databases as needed for sponsors, Order of the Phoenix members, potential speakers, etc.
- Obtain national conference lists and prepare lists of Chapter attendees for president/Board
- Arrange for printing of Chapter letterhead and other materials and maintain inventory
- Maintain Chapter accounts and passwords
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with multiple internal stakeholders and external organizations
- Proficiency with technology including virtual meeting software (e.g. Zoom), websites, email platforms (e.g. Mailchimp) and survey tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey)
- Is highly organized, detail oriented and efficient with time
- Ability to travel to in-person events (when reinstituted) – one to three times a month, including day and evening events
- Certified Association Executive credential
- Proficiency with membership software, such as MembershipWorks
- Understanding of the communications profession
- On an annual basis, PRSA Georgia expects to allocate $45,000 to $55,000 for association management as outlined with an expected time commitment of 1,785 hours/year average or 150 hours/month average. Further support services and incentives based on benchmarks may be negotiated outside of the scope of this agreement at additional cost.
Learn More About PRSA Georgia:
We are the Georgia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, otherwise known as PRSA Georgia. As the second largest chapter in the United States, we have a membership base of more than 750 professionals.
Founded in 1952, the PRSA Georgia Chapter has a rich history of being an active group of public relations practitioners who are entrenched in all genres of communications across Georgia, the country and the world. Our membership represents many of today’s leading corporations, nonprofits, government and academic institutions, and technology innovators. Our members have a strong sense of community. Surveys show they deeply value connection with each other, networking and giving back to the profession through learning and volunteering.
Volunteer Committees, Opportunities:
- Annual Conference
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Membership, Recruitment and Engagement
- Professional Development
- Social Media
- Website / E-Newsletter
In direct support of our members’ needs and preferences, we offer through Chapter administration and the above volunteer-led committees leading-edge monthly professional development programs; fun and casual networking events; recognition and awards for outstanding achievements and contributions; and opportunities to get involved and advance professional interests.
Part of a Larger Whole:
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), of which we are a state Chapter, is the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community. With more than 30,000 professional and student members, PRSA is collectively represented across the United states by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, and on nearly 375 college and university campuses through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)