PRSA Georgia is thrilled to honor Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau President and CEO William Pate with the 2023 Distinguished Public Relations Award during our annual Awards Celebration at the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center on Nov. 2.
The Distinguished Public Relations Award recognizes a prominent Georgian outside the public relations practice who has made an outstanding contribution to Georgia’s regional, national or international reputation through public relations practices and principles.
As president and CEO of the ACVB, Pate is responsible for maintaining tourism as one of the city’s top economic drivers. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the industry brought an estimated 57 million visitors annually to metro Atlanta, generating $16 billion in visitor spending and sustaining approximately 300,000 jobs.
A native of Atlanta, Pate is respected locally for his leadership and marketing expertise. He is an appointed member of the Georgia Tourism Foundation, charged with increasing the state’s position as a destination for travel.
His indelible impact on our city and state is evident through his many honors and accolades, including:
- Atlanta Magazine’s Atlanta’s 500 most powerful leaders
- American Marketing Association’s Atlanta chapter’s lifetime achievement award
- Atlanta Business League’s Herman J. Russell CEO of the Year
- Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Atlanta’s 50 most admired CEOs and 100 most influential Atlantans
- Atlanta Magazine’s most influential leaders in Atlanta
- Georgia Trend magazine’s Notable Georgians
We hope you’ll join us at this year’s Awards Celebration to honor Pate in addition to our other Chapter Award recipients, Phoenix Award finalists and Order of the Phoenix inductee.