PRSA provides career-enhancing tools and resources, as well as an array of professional development and networking opportunities to help you enhance your career experience. You can engage with other public relations professionals across a variety of specialties, industries and experience levels.
“I decided to become involved with the Georgia Chapter because I knew that by joining a group of industry professionals with knowledge, experience and insights to share, I’d be building on the strong foundation for my career that began with my membership in PRSSA.”
– Kristen Ellis
“Participating in PRSA at multiple levels and earning my APR has expanded my perspective and given me a strong appreciation for our chapter. My PRSA journey has been both professionally and personally rewarding.”
– Stephanie Fitzsimmons, APR
“After attending several PRSA events, I felt ready to dig in for an engaging membership experience. I often rely on the Chapter’s wealth of industry experts as a sounding board.”
– Kent Kimes
“The opportunities to get involved, network and learn from such an active and successful Chapter have benefitted me both professionally and personally.”
– Melissa Mittelbronn,
Here are just a few of the many benefits available through PRSA and the Georgia Chapter:
- Monthly meetings with dynamic speakers who share strategic insight into issues affecting public relations and communications practitioners.
- Monthly seminars that feature national, regional and local experts in a more intimate setting offering practical, applicable advice and tools.
- An affordable day-long annual conference that brings leading communications pros together with students from around the Southeast for informative and interactive sessions, professional development, top-notch networking and cross-generational perspective on the public relations and communications fields.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) connect you to professionals in your fields of interest including Independent Counselors, Nonprofit, Young Professionals and Healthcare.
- Committee involvement that allows you to network and build relationships while volunteering for one of the Chapter’s many committees.
- Support to earn your Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), as well as opportunities to connect with other APRs in the Chapter.
- Access to PRSA Georgia members-only directory.
- Award recognition through individual awards, Forty Under 40, and Phoenix Awards.
- Numerous other networking and professional development opportunities (both virtual and in-person) are available through our Chapter and PRSA National.