PRSA provides career-enhancing tools and resources, as well as an array of professional development and networking opportunities to help you enhance your career experience. You can engage with other public relations professionals across a variety of specialties, industries and experience levels.
“I am a strong advocate for not only belonging to but being active and taking a leadership role in your industry’s association. That’s why organizations like PRSA are so important. They uplift diverse voices in the field of communications and support members through providing valuable networking and development opportunities.”
– Lori George Billingsley, PRSA Georgia member since 1986
“I decided to become involved with the Georgia Chapter because I knew that by joining a group of industry professionals with knowledge, experience and insights to share, I’d be building on the strong foundation for my career that began with my membership in PRSSA.”
– Kristen Ellis, PRSA Georgia member since 2016
“Participating in PRSA at multiple levels and earning my APR has expanded my perspective and given me a strong appreciation for our chapter. My PRSA journey has been both professionally and personally rewarding.”
– Stephanie Fitzsimmons, APR, PRSA Georgia member since 2007
“Georgia is home to some of the most talented PR professionals in the country. PRSA Georgia provides a range of unique opportunities for members. Whether you’re learning at a luncheon, or sharing war stories at an after work event, it has always been time well spent.”
– Roszell Gadson, APR, PRSA Georgia member since 2009
“By being a member, I have the confidence of knowing I can access and contribute as needed, to those facing the same industry challenges and explore innovative solutions. Additionally, PRSA Georgia was responsible for recommending my company to a major financial services company for multicultural services, which I have been happily serving since the fall of 2002.”
– Betsy Helgager Hughes, PRSA Georgia member since 1997
“After attending several PRSA events, I felt ready to dig in for an engaging membership experience. I often rely on the Chapter’s wealth of industry experts as a sounding board.”
– Kent Kimes, PRSA Georgia member since 2015
“PRSA fuels me every time I open an email, sign onto a webinar or attend a luncheon. I know I’m going to learn something new, make a great connection or simply reaffirm that I’m in the best field ever because I get to play with words, tell compelling stories, connect with people and stretch my creativity.”
– Jill Strickland Luse, PRSA Georgia member since, 2013
“The opportunities to get involved, network and learn from such an active and successful Chapter have benefitted me both professionally and personally.”
– Melissa Mittelbronn, PRSA Georgia member since 2017
Here are just a few of the many benefits available through PRSA and the Georgia Chapter:
- Monthly meetings with dynamic speakers who share strategic insight into issues affecting public relations and communications practitioners.
- Monthly seminars that feature national, regional and local experts in a more intimate setting offering practical, applicable advice and tools.
- An affordable day-long annual conference that brings leading communications pros together with students from around the Southeast for informative and interactive sessions, professional development, top-notch networking and cross-generational perspective on the public relations and communications fields.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) connect you to professionals in your fields of interest including Independent Counselors, Nonprofit, Young Professionals and Healthcare.
- Committee involvement that allows you to network and build relationships while volunteering for one of the Chapter’s many committees.
- Support to earn your Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), as well as opportunities to connect with other APRs in the Chapter.
- Access to PRSA Georgia members-only directory.
- Award recognition through individual awards, Forty Under 40, and Phoenix Awards.
- Numerous other networking and professional development opportunities (both virtual and in-person) are available through our Chapter and PRSA National.