This award recognizes PRSA Georgia members who have gone the extra mile in service to the Chapter. The award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate. Eligibility for the award includes all Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond the call of duty as a Chapter volunteer.
A successful chapter runs on the talents of its volunteers. The Chapter Champion Award recognizes the hard work of our dedicated members. All PRSA Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond as Chapter volunteers are eligible. The Chapter Champion Award is presented at the Chapter’s monthly luncheon meeting.
Alicia Young, is the recipient of the July 2020 Chapter Champion Award for her dedicated volunteer work with PRSA Georgia. Since joining the Chapter in 2014, Alicia has served on several committees, including roles planning the Real World and Annual Conference events. She currently co-chairs the Membership Committee.
“Joining PRSA Georgia has provided invaluable opportunities to expand my professional ‘tool kit’ and network,” she said. “Additionally, volunteering is something that has always been a part of my life, so jumping in to help PRSA Georgia came naturally to me.”
Alicia is an Emmy-winning news producer who brought that skill set (and a lot of really great stories) to the PR world. She serves as Communications Manager for Jacobs Engineering Group, where she plans and implements community outreach prior to major utility projects. Her PR background also includes agency, non-profit and government work.
Alicia earned a BA in Broadcast News from the University of Georgia.
- E-mail the following nomination information to Denise Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of nominee
- Company and title of nominee
- E-mail and phone number
- Reason for nomination
- Nominator’s name and contact information
- Nomination deadline for each month’s Chapter Champion is the Thursday following the current month’s luncheon.
- Award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate, at the monthly luncheon meeting and featured in the following week’s e-mail to members.
- Note that current Chapter leaders are eligible with the caveat that the recognition is not based on activities as designated by their position.