This award recognizes PRSA Georgia members who have gone the extra mile in service to the Chapter. The award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate. Eligibility for the award includes all Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond the call of duty as a Chapter volunteer.
A successful chapter runs on the talents of its volunteers. The Chapter Champion Award recognizes the hard work of our dedicated members. All PRSA Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond as Chapter volunteers are eligible. The Chapter Champion Award is presented at the Chapter’s monthly luncheon meeting.
Kiara Reynolds-Westry has been named May Chapter Champion, honoring her work on the DE&I Committee over the past year. She joined the Committee after participating on a DE&I panel and in the past has volunteered with the Sponsorship and Annual Conference Committees. She originally joined PRSA to grow her skill set after starting her career in a different industry.
“My volunteer opportunities have been priceless in that I’ve been able to make extremely valuable connections and develop quickly, leading to my career growth,” she said. “I have also had the chance to participate in a panel during the 2021 annual conference and moderated a crisis communications Q&A.”
Kiara leads public relations and external communications for Randstad USA, a subsidiary of the world’s largest HR services provider. As corporate public relations manager, she drives brand awareness and growth through storytelling. Passionate about all things communications, Kiara started her career in the insurance industry before honing her marketing skills with PureRED, a Stone Mountain-based marketing agency. Later, she joined Crawford & Company, the world’s largest independent claims management company, where she led their domestic PR efforts.
She holds a B.A. in journalism from Georgia State University and a Master’s degree in Public Relations from Full Sail University.
- E-mail the following nomination information to email@example.com:
- Name of nominee
- Company and title of nominee
- E-mail and phone number
- Reason for nomination
- Nominator’s name and contact information
- Nomination deadline for each month’s Chapter Champion is the Thursday following the current month’s luncheon.
- Award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate, at the monthly luncheon meeting and featured in the following week’s e-mail to members.
- Note that current Chapter leaders are eligible with the caveat that the recognition is not based on activities as designated by their position.