This award recognizes PRSA Georgia members who have gone the extra mile in service to the Chapter. The award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate. Eligibility for the award includes all Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond the call of duty as a Chapter volunteer.
A successful chapter runs on the talents of its volunteers. The Chapter Champion Award recognizes the hard work of our dedicated members. All PRSA Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond as Chapter volunteers are eligible. The Chapter Champion Award is presented at the Chapter’s monthly luncheon meeting.
The Chapter congratulates Nikonie Brown-McManus as November Chapter Champion. Nikonie is recognized for her contributions to the Website committee, notably her work on the Career Center which is not only a valuable resource for our members but is also an important revenue source for the Chapter.
“Volunteering gives me a chance to learn more about PRSA and my fellow professionals, and getting an inside look at how PRSA Georgia’s digital marketing works has been both interesting and fun,” Nikonie said. “It’s also a great opportunity to grow, not just professionally, but personally, as this has given me a chance to pursue more opportunities and participate in something that matters to me.”
Nikonie is a digital content associate for the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, where she elevates the Foundation’s brand through storytelling and is responsible for managing social media and executing digital communication efforts. A native of Grenada, Mississippi, Nikonie holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Mississippi University for Women and a Master of Science in Public Relations from the University of Southern Mississippi. She lives in Decatur with her husband Christopher and enjoys exploring the Atlanta area.
- E-mail the following nomination information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of nominee
- Company and title of nominee
- E-mail and phone number
- Reason for nomination
- Nominator’s name and contact information
- Nomination deadline for each month’s Chapter Champion is the Thursday following the current month’s luncheon.
- Award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate, at the monthly luncheon meeting and featured in the following week’s e-mail to members.
- Note that current Chapter leaders are eligible with the caveat that the recognition is not based on activities as designated by their position.