This award recognizes PRSA Georgia members who have gone the extra mile in service to the Chapter. The award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate. Eligibility for the award includes all Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond the call of duty as a Chapter volunteer.
A successful chapter runs on the talents of its volunteers. The Chapter Champion Award recognizes the hard work of our dedicated members. All PRSA Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond as Chapter volunteers are eligible. The Chapter Champion Award is presented at the Chapter’s monthly luncheon meeting.
Amanda Rue is PRSA Georgia’s February Chapter Champion, recognizing her contributions to the Annual Conference Committee for the last three years. This year she was the speaker recruitment sub-committee chair, helping to brainstorm engaging sessions, connect with professional networks to develop presentations and adapt to the virtual world of recording video sessions. She previously worked on the College Relations team helping to develop content for the student track for the Annual Conference.
“Going beyond the step of membership to volunteerism within a PRSA committee has allowed me to feel more connected to the industry and my fellow practitioners,” Amanda said. “I’m a firm believer that the more you put into something, the more you get out of it. My involvement in PRSA has proven that belief to be true!”
Amanda is an Account manager with Porter Novelli where she leads award-winning programs including those to help parents better understand their child’s development, encourage Atlantans to take advantage of ways to better their commute, drive at-risk audiences to get necessary vaccinations and educate audiences on healthcare benefit options available to them. Her skills in client immersion, strategic thinking, content creation, attention to detail and relationship building make her a strong leader for her clients. She received a B.A. in Public Relations and Communications from The University of Alabama’s College of Communications.
- E-mail the following nomination information to Denise Grant at email@example.com:
- Name of nominee
- Company and title of nominee
- E-mail and phone number
- Reason for nomination
- Nominator’s name and contact information
- Nomination deadline for each month’s Chapter Champion is the Thursday following the current month’s luncheon.
- Award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate, at the monthly luncheon meeting and featured in the following week’s e-mail to members.
- Note that current Chapter leaders are eligible with the caveat that the recognition is not based on activities as designated by their position.