This award recognizes PRSA Georgia members who have gone the extra mile in service to the Chapter. The award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate. Eligibility for the award includes all Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond the call of duty as a Chapter volunteer.
A successful chapter runs on the talents of its volunteers. The Chapter Champion Award recognizes the hard work of our dedicated members. All PRSA Georgia Chapter members who go above and beyond as Chapter volunteers are eligible. The Chapter Champion Award is presented at the Chapter’s monthly luncheon meeting.
Quiana Pinckney, APR, is the recipient of the October 2020 Chapter Champion Award for her dedicated volunteer work with PRSA Georgia since joining in 2006. With a true passion for helping PR Pros earn their Accreditation in Public Relations, she has been a member of the APR Committee since 2018. Additionally, she has volunteered as an APR panelist, Jumpstart trainer and mentor since earning her accreditation in 2015. Quiana has also volunteered at the Real World Conference and as a member of PRSA Georgia Annual Conference Committee.
“I’m extremely grateful for PRSA Georgia, it’s amazing members and the countless opportunities to grow professional and personal,” said Quiana. “I am elated to be part of one the best chapters in the country!”
Quiana is the Vice President of Strategic Communications and PR at EmployBridge, the nation’s largest industrial staffing company. Prior to joining EmployBridge, she was Head of Strategic Communications and PR for HD Supply, a wholesale distribution company based in Atlanta. Quiana earned her APR in June 2015, a Master’s in strategic communications from George Washington University and a B.A. in journalism from University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
- E-mail the following nomination information to Denise Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of nominee
- Company and title of nominee
- E-mail and phone number
- Reason for nomination
- Nominator’s name and contact information
- Nomination deadline for each month’s Chapter Champion is the Thursday following the current month’s luncheon.
- Award is presented on a monthly basis, or as appropriate, at the monthly luncheon meeting and featured in the following week’s e-mail to members.
- Note that current Chapter leaders are eligible with the caveat that the recognition is not based on activities as designated by their position.